toblix

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All

...Penis Wright: Ass Attorney - Justice for Balls.

Is this game a bit harder and a bit chattier than the first one? Don't get me wrong, I'm loving it, but I'm still stuck on the second trial.

Does anyone know if there's a hint page for this game, like UHS only that it would have this game? I figured there would be a hundred, since it's Japanese and it seems Jap games attract all the FAQ-writing hentais.

Aaanyway I couldn't find one , don't want to use a walkthrough, and thought you guys'd be just happy to help. If not, fine, but feel free to give me an ever so slight nudge regarding

what I'm supposed to do when cross-examining Gumshoe about what transpired inside the channeling chamber. He's describing an act of self-defense that even I find plausible, but I can't find anything wrong with his testimony.

Yeah, it's really fucking hard. Wait until you get to that third case! You can try Gamefaqs, there's three on there when I last checked. ;( Anyway, a hint for this section if you're still stuck (and I was too!):

Remember when Fransiska was gloating at you because you didn't know about gunpowder burn? Hmm.

Thanks. I'll look into it later. I'm happy to hear it's harder, though. Do you know how long it is, compared to the first one? It seems like there's more "story" in this one, so maybe it's comparable to the first game even without the extra chapter.

I'll be waiting for Q1 2007 for this one.

Curse you lucky importers.

I'll be waiting for Q1 2007 for this one.

Curse you lucky importers.

What, can't you import or won't you?

Also, isn't it strange that PW4 is listed for DS but not PW3? What the Hell?

Also, Aussie Ben, thanks! But...

didn't the judge say he smelled gunpowder on the costume? I figured that was it. Of course, it wasn't a burn. Maybe I didn't pay enough attention.

Probably because they haven't announced a DS port of the third game, and the fourth is a DS game not a GBA game.

So there's definitely going to be another PW game, and most likely going to be two more? That's just fantastic! I wonder if the PW4 will have some crazy stylus gimmick.

What, can't you import or won't you?

I'm so fucking poor right now, that's why... :frusty:

Moving to my own apartment ate up my money for the moment.

All my money available for gaming is right now tied to Yoshi's Island 2.

Wow, that's really tough. Still, as soon as you can buy PW2 in your homecountry, it'll be worth it importing still because it's a lot cheaper.

I think the odds are quite good that PW4 will have more stylus-based things, just like the last case in the first game. Why else would they bother? Unless they're aiming to be anticlimactic. But I think they've got a good taste of what it could be and should be really excited about the new avenues they can take the series with the new control scheme.

Well, in December I will get tax returns (:tup:) and possibly then I will have some extra cash to buy PW2, is it really only 26€ in playasia?

It would be an awesome christmas present for myself alongside with Yoshi's Island 2. :yep:

PW4 definitely has the DS-based stuff from Case five of Ace Attorney. I've seen screenshots of the fingerprint detection and 3D object rotation before, but I can't for the life of me remember where.

There's also Kabu Trader Shun on the way for the DS next year.

It's like Phoenix Wright but with the trial bits replaced with stock trading. As long as it's fun, I don't care.

Best console ever.

PW4 definitely has the DS-based stuff from Case five of Ace Attorney. I've seen screenshots of the fingerprint detection and 3D object rotation before, but I can't for the life of me remember where.

Well, in the trailer for PW4, for one. (A bunch of screenshots fly by at once.)

Totally. The only problem with this console is that there's TOO MANY DAMN AWESOME GAMES AND I'M SUFFOCATING IN THEM.

Yeah tell me about it. Everytime I decide to spend what money I have on a game, there are about 10 others I want. Just take my money!

Well, aside from Pheonix Wright and Contact, I'm getting into March of the Minis right now. Not the best, but some solid fun for a while. Also, Rocket Slime was amazing while it lasted. (which unfortunately was not long) I've heard people complaining that some of the tank battles were quite hard, but I never found that at all. Tip for beating almost every tank after you get a crew:

Shoot yourself into the enemy's control room and just keep killing them so they can't load their cannons. Your crew will blast away at them merrily while they can't fire back because you're always killing them. When their HP reaches 0, you're only a short jaunt from their control room.

EDIT: decided spoiler tags would be appropriate.

Miffy, what are the none tank battle parts of the game like? I think I heard it compared to Zelda once. Is that true?

Miffy, what are the none tank battle parts of the game like? I think I heard it compared to Zelda once. Is that true?

Sort of and not really. There is some light dungeon crawling that you do to progress the story (this is where you reach new tank battles) and gather scrap material for your tank. There are a few puzzles but they're all overly obvious. It does remind slightly of A Link to the Past, but I think that'd be the graphics.

Mostly you just stretch your little slime so that you can slingshot him at enemies, thus knocking them into the air and (hopefully) catching them on your head. You can also catch items and other slimes that you've rescued. Anything that you throw onto a rail cart or raft gets sent back to boingburg where it will live in the town. And yes, once you've sent a baddie to boingburg, they immediately become brainwashed to your cause, which I found a little bit unsettling. (What the hell are they doing to those guys to convert them so quickly?) If you send back 30 of a type of enemy, it'll offer to crew your tank, which is kinda cool. Saving all 100 slimes really wasn't that difficult, and there were only a few that I didn't get on my first time through each level. (and those were due to the fact that I needed an ability that I hadn't gotten yet) It's a very simple, but still fun little game that shares a perspective and art style with LTTP, but not a whole lot else. I'm actually kinda glad that it ended when it did, because it's simple enough that it really risked becoming stale quickly. Luckily, it didn't, so I still recommend it.

...hmm. I seem to have answered you question with a pseudo wall of text. Not really a wall. More of a curb of text. Perhaps a split-level home division of text. Sorry 'bout that.

Ok, here's my spoiler-free, slightly dry take on PW2 (Japanese import).

Case 1 and the first half of Case 2 are frustratingly difficult. My belief (and you might notice this yourself when you play it) is that the translation for this part of the game was not handled by the same person (or group) that handled PW1 Case 1-4. It has a lot in common with Case 5 of PW1, though, such as "where/were" errors and slightly odd jokes, illogical Objections etc.

Once you get over this hump, it's back to the good old characters you know and love, great jokes and plenty of good hints. I particularly enjoyed the third case.

Psyche-locks are actually really really good: they are part of the Investigation section of a case. A person might refuse to talk about a certain topic, and it's up to you to present evidence that forces them to talk (e.g. Guy says "I don't know anything about Topic X" and you present some evidence that shows that they MUST know about Topic X; this unlocks one of the psychelocks).

Another minor but nice addition is the ability to present a character profile as evidence; this allows for some fairly nice puzzles (Like: "If Person X didn't do it, then who did?" etc.)

The energy bar takes a little getting used to, but it opens up some possibility for mega-tension-action-drama. Where before a miss-step might lose you a "!", now it might lose you 20% health, 10% or even 50% for some super-mega-accusatory-bluffmatictroniums.

It's a good game until Case 2, it's a GREAT game after that.

Yeah, I just finished it, having drawn out the playing process as much as possible, which I tend to do when I'm loving something.

Even without a special fifth chapter, the game was super great. Anyone know when the next one is expected? That would be a port of the GBA Gyuiuiusan Whatever 3, right? I guess they'll port that over too, if PW2 sells enough units. Anyone know how the sales have gone? I expect it went very well, and since these games have to be relatively cheap to make/port, I guess the sales don't exactly have to be stellar to allow for a (port of the) sequel.

Also, what in the fuck is up with not playing Phoenix in PW4?