adfegg

Sam and Max

I doubt it , I think I started it around 8 and finished 10 so it might have been more than 1 hour and a half. I wasn't really stumped by any puzzles, knocked out the toughest ones in 5 mins or so.

That's not the point. I'm sure you can finish all of the puzzles within a half hour if you really wanted to but you'd miss out on all of the dialog.

I know, but I meant that I tried to exhaust all dialogue options and click on anything I saw. Im sure I missed out on one or two things but I think I didn't miss out on too much dialogue.

I know, but I meant that I tried to exhaust all dialogue options and click on anything I saw. Im sure I missed out on one or two things but I think I didn't miss out on too much dialogue.

Maybe you should measure the depth of point-and-click adventures by how long it takes a bunch of trained monkeys to complete by randomly clicking all over the screen?

I just finished the episode and it completely surpassed by expectations, those high reviews weren't hyperbole after all (of course the game is short but that's the expectation for the format).

It's weird being back in a proper adventure game.:tup:

Laughed my ass off. I actually had to get up and leave for a few minutes to compose myself at one point, even though in retrospect the joke was kinda dumb. It was just delivered so perfectly.

The excitement in Max's voice when he's describing his ideal tatoo is perfect.

Also, the fact that you're given a gun from the get-go is done in a way that isn't out of place at all and helps to give it more of the over the top feel of the comics. Very happy with this game.

I just got a kick out of the multiple "Hit the Road" references, such as:

The Human Enigma, Jesse James' Severed Hand, the start of the opening theme, the double-popsicle seen on the Hit the Road cover...I'm sure there's more...

I was wondering when the sam and max project was cancelled by lucas-arts? Was it 03-03-2004? There is a file box above the file-cabinet with this date, and when clicking it Sam says: "That was a particularly gruesome case"....

And yes, I really liked the game. And I thought sam's voice was very well done. The only thing I could complain about is that the case with brady culture was rather hmm uninteresting - the execution of it was very nice - but the case itself ... anyways - what do you think? Am I crazy?

No, the case is not too interesting. That they could make such a good game from that premise would promise great episodes in the future.

I was wondering when the sam and max project was cancelled by lucas-arts? Was it 03-03-2004? There is a file box above the file-cabinet with this date, and when clicking it Sam says: "That was a particularly gruesome case"....

The very day. You can also see the cancellation date on a post-it note on the desk.

I played it thoroughly and tried to get every possible reaction to everything, I think it took me almost 4 hours and I enjoyed every second of it! It was the funniest game I've ever played! :yep:

I might replay it again, I did miss a few easter eggs! :mock:

Trying to order it through the demo didn't work, and it crashed once, but the actual game was very good indeed. It went at least as far as Hit The Road in capturing the twisted nuances of the comics, when for some reason (I don't know why) I expected it to be a more clean-cut and innocuous thing altogether. I'd forgotten how much I love Sam & Max at their best, and it feels like they really got it, I was grinning and sniggering. And enjoyable adventure game puzzling for the first time I can remember in a long while. Can't wait for more.