Sign in to follow this  
Wrestlevania

My exciting day!

I had to power drill one of the locks out of my front door this morning, because the lock mechanism broke leaving the bolt still in the door frame, therefore preventing me - and anyone else - from getting in or out. And all before breakfast time!

How exciting has your day been so far?

The floor in the men's toilet is covered entirely in about a centimeter of something that looks like water but smells like glue. The entrance is taped off. That means we get to use the women's toilet today!

There's a storm brewing. It's chilly as hell. I hate November, and it hasn't even started yet.

A thick fog is crawling all over my neighborhood., my uni apartment block has been deserted because of vacation, mentally impaired people are cleaning up the square conscientiously and really slowly...the whole scene feels like it's extracted from the film named after Yufster's condition.

A thick fog is crawling all over my neighborhood., my uni apartment block has been deserted because of vacation, mentally impaired people are cleaning up the square conscientiously and really slowly...the whole scene feels like it's extracted from the film named after Yufster's condition.

"The Fog"?

There's about a foot of snow on the ground, but this is Calgary so that's to be expected. I've mostly been panic-studying for an upcoming test in Neurobiology and thinking about the Zombie movie marathon I'll be having later tonight in lieu of sleep. Oh! And our professor decided to give us a break in Social Psychology and just show us 12 Angry Men today as part of our lectures on group dynamics. Not a bad day, all things considered.

"The Fog"?

No, "The Bride of the Zombie".There is no zombie in The Fog, none that I can

remember anyway.

Woke up waaay to late today :/ And had to call work to tell them I will be running late. Again :/ I suck at getting somewhere on time ;(

I went to a kick-ass Halloween party organized by the language students' guild at our university yesterday. Damn I love those people.

got up again today

but the most exciting event of today was:

FLIRT (debug): Deserialization: 285687ms
FLIRT (debug): Deserialization 2: 848328ms

Yesterday I had to briefly appear at the college exam of a programming intern that I had supervised to talk for 5 minutes about what he'd learned. Then I had to put my signature under some documents.

Since I am in fact one year younger and wasn't wearing a suit, several people congratulated me on my graduation, which was kind of funny.

Starting at around 2.30pm I was forced to sit down and drink beers continuously. It soon became evident that my original plan of going back to the office in the afternoon would have to be abandoned entirely. So I just sat in that bar for 10 hours. Eventually we got free shots. I also asked the waitress for whipped cream in my beer, and I got it, and drank it. Delicious! Then the waitress got a marker and drew hilarious stuff on my face.

:shifty::fart:

Keeping with Marek's restrospective theme, I didn't get home from work until 23:57 yesterday. :yawn:

And I still only got 3 software bugs fixed in 15 hours... :frusty:

Marek, you missed an important detail, i.e. the description of the waitress.

Marek, you missed an important detail, i.e. the description of the waitress.

Progressively blurrier.

got up again today... and was busy programming from 8:30 to 18:00 got home to find out nobody bothered getting dinner so got to enjoy a pizza (you know, one of those round flat thingies you get from the freezer and put into the oven for a little while).

and some more stuff happened... I think...

and now I'm here enjoying some wine

Haven't gotten more than 2 hours of sleep for about 4 nights now. Working 'till about 1 in the morning, and studying for next week's exams whenever I get the chance. But yesterday my Max n' Crossbones shirt arrived from Telltale, which means that I now get to wear it, which is especially awesome as my washing machine is broken and if it hadn't arrived I'dve been up even later last night doing laundry in the sink. Overall, shirt makes everything better.