toblix

Firefox 2.0

The greyed-out stop button makes me want to drill up from underneath it.

I dislike the fact that I now have to press Control + F to get a search toolbar with "Next" and "Previous" buttons. Pressing / just opens a stupid Quick Search... (it might have some shortcuts for those same features, but it's still a stupid change).:oldman:

Damn it! The new the firefox blows. They've screwed over the tabs again. Does anyone know how to change it so middle clicking on the tab bar undoes closed tabs again?

You can customize how the tab bar works (including the middle click actions) with Tab Mix Plus extension.

You can customize how the tab bar works (including the middle click actions) with Tab Mix Plus extension.

Yeah, but that extension doesn't work on FF2. ctrl+shift+t undoes closed tabs now which irritates me even more because I used to use that key combo for duplicating the current tab in a new tab. The spell check is nice though.

Wormsie, this should do the trick.

I really like this. It's responsive. If it had the features I need and I could be arsed, I'd use it instead of Opera.

Wormsie, this should do the trick.
I was recognized... as if I had never left this place!

:woohoo:

I've grown accustomed to Firefox 2 now. The grey looks don't bother me anymore, at least.

They still haven't fixed their infamous memory leak. :fart:

--Erwin

well well well, actually there isn't really a problem with memory leaks on firefox - and hasn't been for quite some versions. Most of peoples problems with memory-leaks comes from badly coded extensions. I recently cleaned out in my extensions and halved the memory use of firefox. Not all extensions does this - but some are notorious. I remember one of the early versions of tab-browser-extension was especially terrible in this sense.. So try to clean out in your extensions - and see what happens....

My main problem with Firefox (at least pre v2) was suspend and resume on my laptop - sometimes it would take literally ten minutes to resume the laptop. With plenty of patience, I'd wait, and Firefox would always be unresponsive and using all the CPU. Closing tabs and windows wouldn't affect it; even opening an empty tab and closing everything else wouldn't help, though in theory nothing should be running at that point.

I don't know whether it's still the case in v2 - I tend to totally close it now to avoid the problem. There are some reports of the bug online, mostly pointing at bad Flash or Javascript, which is possible, but not really much help. It makes me despise the use of Flash in adverts - I don't much mind ads appearing around web pages whose content I like but don't pay for, but I do mind ads using up all my CPU.

Still, maybe it's fixed now.

yeah I really hate commercials taking cpu-time AND making my scrolling fidgety. Why doesn't these bastards realize that it doesn't work - it is just pissing the potential customer off... seriously it seems odd to me that google-type adds hasn't been used elsewhere much more....:violin:

seriously it seems odd to me that google-type adds hasn't been used elsewhere much more....:violin:

That actually requires effort on the developers side.