Moosferatu

DS Games

It seems like there are a ton of top notch DS games coming out here all at once. I'm having a hard time deciding what I'm going to buy. I'm, hopefully, going to be able to pick up Contact today, provided my ebgames has it in. Then next week Touch Detective comes out, and Children of Mana the week after. Elite Beat Agents, Yoshi's Island 2, and Final Fantasy III all come out early November. Then in December there's Hotel Dusk, Portrait of Ruin, and Kirby. I wonder when the new Pokemon is going to be released in the US.

Phoenix Wright 2 also coming out soon. I feel reunited with adventure games.

DS, I love you.

I just finished Phoenix Wright, just now, really, two minutes ago. DS adventures rock! With Touch Detectives coming up, and all the other wonderful games mentioned above... the DS stays strong as, basically, the best console that ever was.

Phoenix Wright 2 also coming out soon. I feel reunited with adventure games.

DS, I love you.

I think it's supposed to come out the beginning of January in the US, but I hear the Japanese version that comes out next week, I think, will have selectable languages. I wonder if the translation is going to be the same.

According to what Aussie Ben told me, it is. And it's coming out next week, dirt cheap. So I'm getting it.

Yeah, I've had PW2 (Japanese version) preordered for months, so I should have it delievered soon. Aside from that one, I really don't know how I'm going to afford my DS for the next little while. I guess I'll just have to make a list in my head and get things gradually over the next 6 months or so. So much to play... gah.

I've played about an hours worth of Contact now. It's absolutely fantastic. I was beginning to start to prepare myself to be slightly let down after seeing some of the reviews (not that it's gotten terrible reviews by any means), but they're all wrong. Contact is a blast.

Phoenix Wright is one of my all time favorite games, but I think I'm going to hold out for the US release. I should have plenty to keep me busy in the mean time.

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are due around Marchish; definitely picking one of those up. What's rather nice is that you can have one of the GBA pokemon games (emerald, ruby, sapphire) in the advance slot and transfer your pokemon across to the DS game for online fun (or for giving your guy totally overpowered dudes for the singleplayer game. Level 70 Manectric is what it's all about).

This allows me to keep playing Pokemon Emerald without feeling like I am wasting my time (Pokemon is never a waste!).

My list of upcoming acquisitions is roughly: Phoenix Wright 2 (Japanese version), Contact, Hotel Dusk, Touch Detective, FFIII, EBA. The same stuff as everyone else really. We sure do pick'em.

I have the japanese version of Children of Mana; seriously, it's not all that hot.

Rock on, Phoenix. And Touch Detective out soon? Oh man, awesome. I want to play Contact, too. And I've got this wacko Japanese music game called Pinky Street: Somethingorother Music Hour on order too. But I still need to finish off my existing games!

Mario vs. DK 2 is AWESOME - I love that it's more of a puzzle game than the previous one. And you can literally pick it up, play one level, finish it, and then hop on the train or whatever. Very handy. Mega Man ZX is great too, and because it has an Easy Mode, hopeless cases like me can actully finish it.

The amount of quality titles coming out this year is just not fair! And I have to slot in Diddy Kong Racing DS somewhere in that period too!

Oh crap...

I had forgotten for a while that all those games are coming now...

Why the hell don't I have money for those now... :frusty:

Children of Mana, Yoshi's Island 2, Touch Detective, Hotel Dusk, Kirby, Portrait of Ruin, Phoenix Wright 2, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass...

Then I also would really love to own Clubhouse games... oh well, hopefully I'll get a job two weeks from now, maybe that will solve all my problems... :yep:

Hmmm... maybe if I stop going to class, I can pick up more than 3 shifts a week. I could be rolling in money! No, probably a bad idea. Thanks, Ben. I'd forgotten that March of the Minis was already out and wanted to pick that one up too. Dammit. This winter is going to involve some very, very tough budget-related decisions.

Yeah, I've had PW2 (Japanese version) preordered for months, so I should have it delievered soon. Aside from that one, I really don't know how I'm going to afford my DS for the next little while. I guess I'll just have to make a list in my head and get things gradually over the next 6 months or so. So much to play... gah.

Yeah, I've got Phoenix Wright 2 preordered as well as Children of Mana and I have no idea when I'm going to play those. I'm still playing Rocket Slime and I'm sure I won't be completely done with that any time soon given the on-and-off pace I have.

I just also got a 360 (yay) and I'm loving the hell out of it, so the DS has some serious competetion from that as well. Perhaps a gamertag thread would be worthwhile, since I have no friends with the machine?

After 6 years of waiting, they are finally supposed to be releasing an English language sequel to SNK vs Capcom: Cardfighters Clash, and on the DS.

That is slated for November release and means that I might actually put my Neogeo pocket colour down and play that.

If people like collecting games in the vein of Pokemon with a distinct Capcom/SNK theme, it should be worth it.

The original included characters from every major game by the companies, since then Onimusha, Viewtiful Joe, Devil May Cry, Samurai Showdown V and the newest KOF have been released and/or become massive. Hoping to see them in there.

Rocket Slime has been highly praised by everyone I've met.

Is Rocket Slime good?

It's much better than you think, whatever you think. Really well designed, you never feel bored because new things are going on all the time and the whole experience is very streamlined - in a good way. The only thing I would say is that it's very easy, except for the tank battles at times.

Mega Man ZX is great too, and because it has an Easy Mode, hopeless cases like me can actully finish it.

The Megaman X7 games had an easy mode, and stripped out most of the features that mode...

Will they do the same in Megaman ZX?

The last DS game I played was Pheonix Wright very recently and it was the most awesome and funny game I've played in ages! I only got slightly peeved in the last case when I found out that if you screw up, you have to start from the last "save point"...:frusty:

But still, awesome! :clap:

Yes, I found myself saving quite often in the last case. The video evidence part is awesome though. I am surprised how nice they made that work, it doesn't feel gimmicky at all, but rather smart and inventive. Pity the second PW wo'n't have a new DS-specific case in it.

The Megaman X7 games had an easy mode, and stripped out most of the features that mode...

Will they do the same in Megaman ZX?

Apparently, the only thing you can't get in easy mode is a secret reward that a secret boss gives you. Everything else is normal. Maybe you get a different ending or something too. (Like the extra line of text in Yoshi's Story if you got the two secret Yoshis. WHAT AN ENDING.)

Is there a whole lot of text in Megaman ZX? I'm asking this because the Japanese version costs about 25 Euros or something, while the English one will set me back about 50.

My DS is all about Clubhouse Games.

Seriously. It rocks.

What I want to know is if you can play with people worldwide with Wifi?:erm: