Sign in to follow this  
Salka

Idiots argue about next gen consoles

It's sort of true. It does have 3 MB of embedded graphics memory on the GPU but it also has 24 MB of high speed memory the GPU can use, besides the 64 MB of main memory that the GPU shares access to.

Some of those IGN screenshots don't look all that great though, but that's not because of HDR in my opionion. AA would be really nice.

It's sort of true. It does have 3 MB of embedded graphics memory on the GPU but it also has 24 MB of high speed memory the GPU can use, besides the 64 MB of main memory that the GPU shares access to.

Some of those IGN screenshots don't look all that great though, but that's not because of HDR in my opionion. AA would be really nice.

So the argument is somewhat semantical then? The over all memory that can be devoted to graphics is far greater than 3... if I'm understanding?

So the argument is somewhat semantical then? The over all memory that can be devoted to graphics is far greater than 3... if I'm understanding?

Yeah pretty much. I think the 360 GPU has something like 10 MB of embedded memory (and twice the clock speed).

Jaf, yeah, we've been getting a lot of spambots lately, you need at leat 10 post counts. Check the anouncement by Marek on the top of each forum. Sadly idle banter posts don't count :/

I would absolutely love to see all these auctions go nowhere and have these opportunistic wankers be stuck with a $600 machine that none of them really want. Plus games!

I would absolutely love to see all these auctions go nowhere and have these opportunistic wankers be stuck with a $600 machine that none of them really want. Plus games!

You know what ? I would looooove those 'wankers' to take advantages of all the MORONS who are prepared to pay such a ridiculous price for a gaming system. There is no freakin' sane reason to pay this much, you gotta be an idiot. So well... screw rich idiots,I don't see the problem!

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=7243

Game|Life's Chris Kohler recently had a chance to talk to Sony executive vice president and co-chief operating officer Jack Tretton. One of the main topics discussed was the PS3's backwards compatibility, and specficially, the minor problems that have been reported to occur with about 200 PS1/PS2 games. Here's what Tretton thinks about the matter:

"I would like my car to fly and make me breakfast, but that's an unrealistic expectation. We've reported problems on only 200 of the 8000 PlayStation 1 and 2 games. I would challenge the average consumer to say that there are significant problems with any of the games in their library."

He goes on to compare this with the BC offered by Nintendo and Microsoft:

"If you look at our competitors, one machine has zero backwards compatibility and one only has it with a third of their games."

Yeah...Mr. Tretton should probably double-check his facts before doing interviews in the future.

Tretton also briefly mentioned the issue of PS3 launch numbers. It seems the launch number "changes on a daily basis," and he can't give a definitive answer. Sony still expects 1 million units shipped by the end of 2006, and 6 million worldwide by the end of the fiscal year.

Please make the underlined part a quote of the moment... god this guys is dumb.

It WOULD be unrealistic to expect a car to make my breakfast... unless the dealer freaking told me it could... :frusty: