Moosferatu

Limbo

As far as I can tell it was a huge success.

Great to hear news about the basic Limbo as well. I really hope to see this on a machine I own.

From academic bedrock of a source Wikipedia:

"Due to the behaviour of certain members of the Majestic Studios team, Mr T.Croucher and Mister L.Francis would like to announce their departure from Majestic Studios; and would like it known that they have severed all connections, ties and links with the remaining members of the majestic team.

Mister Croucher would like it known that his input responsibility for Limbo of the Lost was: Research, some vocal acting and puzzle design.

Mr Francis would like it known that his input responsibility for Limbo of the Lost was: Original opening theme and outro music, character Script writing for Darkmere, puzzle design and voice acting, particularly that of B.S.Briggs.

Neither Mister Croucher nor Mister Francis had any say or control over: Graphics, rendering, coding or game screen design.

As far as both Mr Croucher and Mister Francis were aware, all submitted material was to be original; both Mr Croucher and Mister Francis adhered to this contractual clause."

So they either tried very hard to wiggle out of their own misdeeds, or got completely fucked by the agency model. I wouldn't be surprised at either, I know one developer who went to meet an outsourcing studio in China, who were proudly showing him their portfolio right up until he stopped them with "My studio made that. That's from one of our games".

I have little trust in the claims of Tim Croucher, Laurence Francis. It has often been mentioned that they, and the 3rd member Steve Bovis where bar buddys and have been working on that game since the amiga times and what not.

----

On topic again. Horse bag, wander donkey balls! It's coming to XLBA :(

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/27502/IGF_Finalist_Limbo_Heading_To_XBLA.php

I was looking forward to this so much and now it's coming out on XBLA only? Goddamn it!

Think it's too soon to say it's just coming to XBL Arcade. Kotaku's carefully wording it "exclusive summer launch," and the Playdead announcement says "LIMBO is launching on consoles this year with a summer launch on XBLA!"

Note "consoles" plural. Who knows what that really means. And can a PC release really be that far behind?

Won't be the first XBLA game not to show up on the PC and like all those before it - none mentioned a PC version.

Or The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbotton.

And I guess no PC version at launch? What happened to us being the platform of indie devs?

Unfortunately I think most triple A indie devs (You know what I mean) will try to release their games on the 360 or PS3. I bet landing a spot in a XBLA Summer of Arcade helps sell more than a full semester on Steam's front page banner rotation.

We'll always have the garage and weird-ass developers, though. After all, I doubt Edmund McMillen could convince Microsoft to allow the release of a game like this on their console.

PC or other versions aren't being ruled out. Maybe down the road they will port it, that's what I got in the email I sent them asking to be unsubscribed from their mailing list if they weren't planning on releasing it on the PC.

Holy macaroni, what's with the gruesome death sequences?

The game looks nice. This, together with the preview footage that's been availble for ages, makes it seem like there's not much learning systems, but more varied situations and puzzles. More adventure than puzzle, maybe.

Yeah, I was a bit surprised that they "went there" with the bear trap. Reminds me a bit of

. In more ways than just the death scenes actually.

Anyone remember Limbo of the Lost? What ever happened with that game?

It became a platinum selling hit.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

New website, with new trailer:

http://www.limbogame.org/

And rather than just repeat things, I'll just copy-paste the newsletter email from the developers:

Hi Everyone,

Since my last update, about 1300 people have signed up for the LIMBO mailing

list. This includes a ton of people from GDC2010 who got to play a small portion

of the game. Welcome, everyone ;)

I have some great news to share. First of all, we have just launched a new

website for LIMBO which features a new trailer and a collection of game

materials which we will add to over time. Head to www.limbogame.org to see it

for yourselves!

The site will also be updated with game news and links to media coverage of the

game. (I'll still write you with the most important news, of course)

Secondly, LIMBO is taking part in a contest on GameTrailers that lets players

choose the indie game they'd most like to see featured on GameTrailers TV. Visit

the contest page at http://www.gametrailers.com/dewmocracy.php if you'd like to

add your vote!

While you're there, you should definitely check out the new gameplay teaser

trailer they�ve put together

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gameplay-teaser-limbo/65263.

Finally, watch out for feature stories about LIMBO in the newest issues of both

GamePro and EDGE!

Talk to you again soon.

Regards,

Dino Patti

CEO, Co-founder

PLAYDEAD ApS

www.limbogame.org

@dinopatti

REALLY looking forward to this...

Ico's hold over me was amazing. I'm sad that I don't have my own copy, but when I popped in a roommate's copy around 8pm back in the day, I proceeded to deny sleep and finished the entire game in a single sitting the next morning.

What was the "topical" link way up there? It no longer leads anywhere...

Woo, didn't realise it was so close to release. Really looking forward to it.

sucks that it's XBLA

:violin::violin::violin:

What was the "topical" link way up there? It no longer leads anywhere...
Which one?

Strangley topical.

That one... Just wondering if anyone remembers what it led to. Not a huge deal.

I think it was something about the Vatican removing Limbo from its concept of the afterlife. Not 100% sure though.

Shit's out today. Anybody played it yet? 15$ seems a bit steep for what I've heard is a fairly short game.