Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Ouendan... Too... Hard...

Too... Fast...

Can't... Stop...

I'm at the mad clay shaping guy (I don't get the stories for shit. What, he sees people and make pots that look like them, and then the businessman smiles... does he want to purchase the pot? Who knows?!) at normal difficulty, and it's destroying my soul. I made it once to the last part (there are five parts, right?), and it's like here-here-now over here QUICK-hereherehere-WAIT-here-nowHERE!, and I'm like must...hate...game. BUT I CAN'T DO IT!

And the story about the burglary-foiling race horse was fantastic. I think.

OS!

I believe the story is that he needs the people for inspiration, otherwise all he can make are those little grave statues. And yeah, it can get really hard. Keep at it. The later ones get really really good. At least get through Over the Distance before you consider giving up.

At least get through Over the Distance before you consider giving up.

I have never!

Ouendan is probably the hardest game I've played in recent years that I desperately wanted to beat.

Usually I just go 'fuck it'. But there's something about Ouendan that's triggering some weird primal gaming response in me.

The only person I know who has beaten this game, is a japanese girl. Her english boyfriend can't beat it.

We are doomed ;(

Actually Yufster that's not true.... you know me ^_^;;

I completed it on Insane last week, working my way through getting S-Ranks now, heh.

Oddly for me it was a game that just clicked, almost all the rhythms seemed natural (damn you offbeat Ready Steady Go!) so I didn't have that great a difficulty.

It really does get easier when you know the songs better and try not to follow it visually, get into the rhythm, as the visual cues really can throw you off.

LJ

What's worth doing is getting the songs as mp3s and listening to them outside of the game. The songs are by and large very well selected, so it's more a pleasure than a chore. Generally you're hitting the things along to one of the beats; the more difficult sequences are usually based on the vocals (they're difficult because two otherwise similar sets of beats might have differing numbers of beats, or later on, double and triple beats thrown in there). Stuff like Kokoro Odoru (pottery guy) is based entirely on the rapping in the music.

I found that stage pretty easy because I was very familiar with the song beforehand (it used to play a lot on Sony's defunct Morrich internet music video thing), though the *hup hup* bit with female vocals near the end is very scary on insane.

Ouendan is a great game for scaling the difficulty perfectly to match your progress; when you finally beat this stage, you'll find that you're much better overall at playing the other stages you've already done. Going back to hard mode after finishing insane makes your wonder why you ever found it difficult at all.

Gitaroo Man arrived this week, so it's backed to noobness for me.

The only person I know who has beaten this game, is a japanese girl. Her english boyfriend can't beat it.

We are doomed ;(

I've beaten it too. So has, I believe, Tommy Gun. Canadian citizenship, Australian family. I'm not even a little bit Japanese. Just takes practice. Keep going, dammit. It's worth the awesome feeling when you win.

I've beaten it too. So has, I believe, Tommy Gun. Canadian citizenship, Australian family. I'm not even a little bit Japanese. Just takes practice. Keep going, dammit. It's worth the awesome feeling when you win.

Like a hundred thousand electric laser explosions, streaming out of your eyes (and exploding a meteor)

Oddly for me it was a game that just clicked, almost all the rhythms seemed natural (damn you offbeat Ready Steady Go!) so I didn't have that great a difficulty.

Unfortunately, I have absolutely no natural feeling for rhythm whatsoever. I'm even bad at masturbating.

Still, I managed to finish the game on easy mode at least. And I will keep on trying till I've beaten "insane" too, even if it takes me years to do so.

I've beaten it too. So has, I believe, Tommy Gun.

Yep. None of the stages are really hard anymore, although I haven't gotten all S-ranks. I really haven't played in a while since I've moved on to writing other FAQs and making videos and whatnot.

Since this is an Ouendan thread, I'm required to post my Ouendan site:

http://crackedrabbitgaming.com/guides/ouendan/

Lots of tips and tons of obsessive info. :)