Erkki

Bad games that are good

I thought Perfect Dark Zero was terrible, but for some reason, one day, I just sat down and played through the whole campaign. I remember that day fondly, but I also seem to remember the game being total shite.

I thought Perfect Dark Zero was terrible, but for some reason, one day, I just sat down and played through the whole campaign. I remember that day fondly, but I also seem to remember the game being total shite.

That's kind of what I did with Prey, however, I wouldn't classify that as a "bad game that's good". It's just a bad game". I worked my way through it because I was bored, had nothing else (new) to play, wanted to do some online killing, and wanted some achievement points. That was it.

So that doesn't really apply to this thread.

Well, the only person I know with a 360 has told me that I can have his copy of PDZ when I get one. Thanks for lowering my expectations to a point where I may actually enjoy it.

PS2 Altered Beast. Suffering from Chronic Awful Syndrome, but I played through it all. Although I did use an Action Replay for the second half. Haha, that game is so silly.

Really? I was interested in the style for that one, but heard the game itself was crap. If I can get it on the cheap, would you recommend a playthrough?

Really? I was interested in the style for that one, but heard the game itself was crap. If I can get it on the cheap, would you recommend a playthrough?

YES!

It does have its flaws -- a lot of them :shifty: -- but I thought the game was at least worthy of a play. It helps if you approach it as more of an arcadeish space shooter than a consoleish third person actioner.

Darkened Skye is kinda sucky but I love it because it's the closest a PC game can get to Skittles. Yum.

I think Darkend Skye was the best product tie-in game I've ever seen\played. Although I completely forgot about it, it was a nice game.

Interesting question. Most recently my response would be Batman Vengeance, which got slated (as all Batman games do), but I'm actually enjoying it because the story's quite interesting. And they've got the full Animated Series voice cast, too!

I think Darkend Skye was the best product tie-in game I've ever seen\played. Although I completely forgot about it, it was a nice game.

better than Cool Spot? Or James Pond: Robocod?

I didn't pay for them, and certainly wouldn't recommend anyone else do so, but I played both Golden Sun games—a satirical look at RPG clichés. The game is full of 45-minute dialogue-box cut-scenes (the first of which I sat through twice because I answered "No" to the "Do you want to save the world?" question) with faux-interactivity. (That first question is the only one in which you really have an option—all the others just result in people saying "Are you sure that's your answer? I think it sounds like a good idea. Select yes, fucker, or you'll just have to read me saying this again!")

And yet I kept playing—through both games, since the story doesn't resolve at the end of the first one, much to my chagrin. I guess the puzzles were good enough to kill time and I enjoyed something about it—or maybe I just need a conclusion. Damn it.

I devoted a 6-hour road trip to the first Golden Sun a while back and never picked it back up. Fell victim to that RPG convention that has always irritated me so. Namely, dropping me on a giant world map without any clue as to where I'm supposed to go next to progress the story. I like exploring as much as anyone else, but I like some kind of motivation to keep exploring too.

I've got both Golden Sun games, but I haven't played them. I'm scared of RPG games.

I've got both Golden Sun games, but I haven't played them. I'm scared of RPG games.

Yes, but they are more afraid of you.

Personally, there was a bunch of crappy platforms with cartoon characters that I adored as a kid that are really just awful. It's kind of like watching Star Wars again.

I really enjoyed the first Bloodrayne game. I just liked the fluid acrobatic guns and mélée system. I would load it up on certain levels now and again and dismember nazis for 20 minutes and be happy. As a whole it was pretty rubbish though.