wes_borland

What's your favourite movie?

I'm glad we went with 'favourite', rather than 'best'.

Back To The Future (+ most Zemeckis)

A Goofy Movie

Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade

Tremors

Robocop

Terminator

Freddy Vs Jason

Face/Off (+ a lot of Nic Cage)

Withnail & I

Ed Wood (+ most Burton)

Predator

Die Hard

Wild At Heart

Aliens

Nightmare On Elm Street

Life Of Brian.

I can just watch all these over and over.

Tremors

Great movie. 2 and 3 are aweful. 4 is better (than 2 and 3).

The original Tremors is a brilliant piece of B-movie gold, admittedly.

I watched the second one and was quite disappointed. I'll have to look for #4 though - sounds promising. Did the much-rumoured TV series ever emerge though?

(Pun intended.)

The TV series was like Tremors 3, actually, it pretty much took off from it.

And it wasn't much better.

I saw the one with the ass-blasters, i forget which tremors that was. it was decent. entertaining, to say the least. and the first one is a classic.

as for my favorites, i'd have to go with:

Diva

Kill Bill (1-2)

Metropolis (Anime)

Apocalypse now

Bubba Hotep

Sin City

Jurassic Park

The Truman Show

and of course,

Star wars, Indiana Jones (except the 2nd one), all that good classic stuff

Great movie. 2 and 3 are aweful. 4 is better (than 2 and 3).

Wrong, goof. Tremors = excellent, Tremors 2 = good fun, clever continuation and referencing of the original, Tremors 3 = back-to-basics fun with Burt Gummer nearing Ash-like iconic status. Tremors 4 = pretty lame, although the setting of it 100 years in the past is a neat nod to Back To The Future 3. All in all, and it's not saying much, 2 and 3 are amongst the best sequels to an excellent film.

Never saw the tv series, broke up with my girlfriend before I could record them off her digital. And I even missed the one with the Christopher Lloyd cameo. Sigh...

Are you crazy? Tremors 4 is a brilliant film! It's funny, exciting, inventive. Brilliant acting, stunts, direction, script, setpieces, score. It can't quite touch Tremors 1, but by going on a lighter tack it sets itself apart from the first film, and so doesn't have to match it.

Are you crazy? Tremors 4 is a brilliant film! It's funny, exciting, inventive. Brilliant acting, stunts, direction, script, setpieces, score. It can't quite touch Tremors 1, but by going on a lighter tack it sets itself apart from the first film, and so doesn't have to match it.

Can't...fight...such brilliantly expressed arguments......GAAH okay you win, Tremors 4 kicks ass.

"I feel I've not been privy to critical, most needful information"

Well, sequels suck most of the times (99% of them).

Speaking of which, what'd everyone think of Pirates 2. I thought it was so much fiun, but I couldn't help feeling as if they just tacked it on to make more money. Even so, I can't @#$%ing wait for the trequel.

This pretty much covers it. Great fun time at the movies, but where the hell did they misplace the ending?

I didn't really enjoy the first film that much, but loved the second one. It's got a lot of flaws, but it overcomes them all with charm and sheer ridiculousness. And for me the ending was fine. I expected an Empire-style depressing cliffhanger, and I loved

the Barbosa reveal. I actually read a review criticising the film for bringing back characters for the dead without explaining it. It'll be in the next film, you dolt!

'Ello, beastie!"

I liked P2. The ending wasn't that bad, it could have been much worse (like Matrx 2).

I had a lot of fun watching PotC 2. I'm conflicted by Davey Jones though. Bill Nighey plays the part superbly, but the actual concept of the character feels like it was inserted by someone who didn't quite get the franchise. It was too conceived.

Favourite buit was the 3-way sword fight, I was laughing for that whole 20 inute sequence.

So yes, not a great movie, but enjoyable.

I think I'm gonna have to throw in Wathership down and The Life Aquatic.

Whilst I wasn't sure if these where favourites, I'm now decided that they definately are.

I'm conflicted by Davey Jones though. Bill Nighey plays the part superbly, but the actual concept of the character feels like it was inserted by someone who didn't quite get the franchise. It was too conceived.

I know exactly what you mean. What I liked about the first one was that although it had lots of supernatural macguffins, it essentially stayed earthy, human. The villains were just a load of mean blokes, albeit with the occasional skelly-effect.

When I saw the trailer for P2, I was really worried that it just seemed like a CG-fest, with big Sharkhead baddies, and prosthetics that even Nighy wouldn't be able to emote through. But then I saw it and I had to eat my tri-corner hat. Jones' crew was ickily tangible, and Nighy was magnificent, using only his eyes, voice and body-language. And the voodoo lady was just some woman with nasty teeth, which was cool. Less fx than Monkey 1 VL.

Oh, and a fave movie I forgot is A Fish Called Wanda.

I heard in Pirates 3 the bad guy is a robot clown ninja, but still also a zombie pirate :shifty:

I heard in Pirates 3 the bad guy is a robot clown ninja, but still also a zombie pirate :shifty:

cool