Sign in to follow this  
Intrepid Homoludens

Original game music: Jesper Kyd

:fart: Heh, you AG guys already saw this over there, but I thought I'd share it those here, too.

freedomfighters_093003_014_thumb.jpghitmancontracts_021304_008_thumb.jpg

messiahb011_thumb.jpgminority_102202_05_thumb.jpg

Clockwise from top left - Freedom Fighters, Hitman: Contracts,

Minority Report, and Messiah.

Fun!! I've just been listening to some of his original compositions for games on his website. Quite a talent. He's done the scores for the entire Hitman series, as well as MDK2, Minority Report (the game), Messiah, Shattered Galaxy, and Gore: Ultimate Soldier. His style as of late combines moody electronica with the voices of the Hungarian Radio Choir, but he's also done pure techno, industrial, symphonic orchestral, and other styles, usually mixed.

So far my favourites that I've heard are: Main Title, Freedom Fighters; most of the music from Hitman 2 and Hitman Contracts (particularly Winter Night, featured on the site); Main Title, Minority Report; Max1, MDK2, and ReactionQ3Title, Reaction QuakeIII.

What about good game soundtracks in general....

My favourites (that I can think of right now)

-Discworld Noir

This is very good... and you can rip the music from the cd's...

-Dune (the original Cryogen-game)

Fantastic space age terraforming electronic - there is a soundtrack existing out there, which I'm lucky to own a copy of.

-Discworld 1

Very fitting midi-music. I like...

-Grim Fandango

Perfect noir-meet-mexican blend. Fantastic. Was there ever made a soundtrack?

hmm that's all I can think of right now. Let me hear yours... (sorry for going a bit off-topic...)

Btw, I think this Jesper Kyd is danish... ?

Funny you should mention this guy now. I just picked up Freedom Fighters (which is a blast, by the way) and particularly enjoyed the music. I was planning on searching for what else the guy has done when I saw his name in your thread title.