Die Hard 4

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=15755

Accepted star Justin Long is in talks

:tdown:

to join Bruce Willis in the Len Wiseman-directed

Die Hard: Reset

, the fourth film in the 20th Century Fox franchise.

Production Weekly says "Reset" finds hero John McClane (Willis) coming out of retirement

to battle an internet terrorist organization

intending to systematically demolish or seize our technological infrastructure via a three-day plan.

These guys will gradually step up malfunctions starting with traffic control systems, working towards economic markets, and finally shutting down key utilities like power and water, to send the U.S. essentially into a modern Dark Ages.

The producers are scouting locations in Vancouver

;( ;( ;(

argh....

Die Hard with a Vengeance was a good end for the series....

why do they always have to bring back characters from retirement

I only knew earlier that Willis was supposed to be fighting some internet terrorists and come out of retirement to do that.

But man that sounds like a bad movie, much worse than even Rambo IV.

bah..I didn't even like Die Hard with a vengeance...sounds like crap, but I will probably see it anyway...I like the character John McClane

the torture continues... why do they always have to milk a franchise for all its worth and even MORE? don't get me wrong, I liked Die hard, but enough is enough!

the torture continues... why do they always have to milk a franchise for all its worth and even MORE? don't get me wrong, I liked Die hard, but enough is enough!

three words: easy money!

I'm still hoping that they cancel any all ambitions for a fourth Indiana Jones movie. Though with this coming, it doesn't seem to be the market trend at the moment.

I'm still hoping that they cancel any all ambitions for a fourth Indiana Jones movie. Though with this coming, it doesn't seem to be the market trend at the moment.

I'd argue Dr. Jones is far more worthy of a sequel than John McClane, but that certainly doesn't mean I'm any more in love with that idea either. *recalls The Last Crusade and almost vomits*

*recalls The Last Crusade and almost vomits*

Are you crazy? Last Crusade is a brilliant film! It's funny, exciting, inventive. Brilliant acting, stunts, direction, script, setpieces, score. It can't quite touch Raiders, but by going on a lighter tack it sets itself apart from the first film, and so doesn't have to match it.

Frankly, the tank action sequence near the end which Spielberg manages to sustain for about 20 minutes, moving effortlessly back and forth between action, laughs and emotional moments, justifies the film on its own.

I gotta agree man. Crusade was awesome. The tank scene was one of the best chases ever, the only semi-recent rival I can think of was that horse chase in Mask Of Zorro where he's picking all the soldiers off from behind. In fact, I think I'll go watch Crusade now.

Fucking sister took my Indy box set last time she came to visit. Dammit. :violin:

Wrestlevania? More like wants strapping to the back of a lorry and reversing into an oak tree a dozen times.

Hmph.

I just didn't like it as a whole. There were good set pieces throughout admittedly - the "Fire!" scene in the German chateaux for instance, and the tank chase - but I didn't like the way it all hung together; kind of rag-tag in my (humble) opinion.

And the ending was cack.

Star Trek XI

with Matt Damon

as Kirk

Some things simply must end. Sequels shouldn't have to be a bad thing, but with movies you have a little problem called aging of the actors. You can't simply substitute an actor.

I would have loved a 4th Indiana Jones movie if it fit the original style. But Harrison Ford is simply too old, it wouldn't be as energetic as the first three. It would be an old guy being pushed around in a wheel chair. They guy is 67, when he played Indy is was around 40 (push 50 for the last movie).

As for Die Hard 4... how much shit can a simple cop get into.

I gotta agree man. Crusade was awesome.

Yay, someone with sense! Thanks for supporting me, Miffy!

the only semi-recent rival I can think of was that horse chase in Mask Of Zorro where he's picking all the soldiers off from behind.

*Shut up, Miffy, shut uuuup.* I don't know this guy.

As for Die Hard 4... how much shit can a simple cop get into.

See 24. A lot of shit.

*Shut up, Miffy, shut uuuup.* I don't know this guy.

I didn't say the rest of the movie was any good. One decent and entertaining scene mixed in with a complete shit rest-of-movie does not a good film make. Also, my having very fond memories of that scene may simply have to do with the fact that the last time I saw it, I was 11 years old. In my memory, that chase was amazing.

One decent and entertaining scene mixed in with a complete shit rest-of-movie does not a good film make.

I love this guy!

See 24. A lot of shit.

That's not a cop. That's Jack Bauer. Only Chuck Norris can kick Bauer's ass.

The film is destined to be bad simply for the reason that, since it is about the internet, one of the scriptwriters will feel obliged to include a scene of all the characters sat at a terminal hacking away, culminating in the line "I'm in". :(

Hey, Rambo 4 is going to be shit, but Rocky is always something else, at least for me.

I like macho bullshit movies. :getmecoat