Salka

What are you listening to?

It's a bit like key changes. A recent trend has been to ignore hundreds of years of music theory, and just raise the key by a few tones for the last repeat of the chorus. Yes, West Life, I'm looking at you.

(Right now I'm listening to the roar of a stack of servers in the middle of the room...)

--

gfoot - fuck off West Life, I'll stick to Park Life

Recently I'm mostly into progressive metal, Meshuggah, Opeth, Tool, Dysrythmia... and well, the always present NIN, Radiohead, Depeche Mode, Boards of Canada, Massive Attack...

Strange, I just recently listened to Toxicity and thought of the exact same thing. At first I really liked the Mezmerize/Hypnotize Album but it simply does not have the same depth to me as Toxicity, which was an album I it took me a long time to fully appreciate. I really miss the more honest and soulful sound of Toxicity in the new material which is too brainy too me. A fact that to me seems to stem from the writing focus shifting more to Daron Malakian whose voice simply doesn't have the same mesmerizing quality as serj's.

Anyway.

I am listening to a lot of Tori Amos since A Piano:A Collection was released. I still listen to some Radiohead and Nine Inch Nails. A lot of older 60s and 70s rock. The new Justin Timberlake album (there I said it). A lot of Johnny Cash and am expecting the release of the collabo between J.J. Cale and Eric Clapton which will never live up to my expectations. Still trying to get into more Classic and listen to some Keith Jarret but there is only so much time in a day.