ysbreker

Movie/TV recommendations

I've seen some MST3000 stuff, and they were really funny. Then again, they were of movies I'd never watch otherwise, reaaally crappy stuff, so I didn't feel they got in the way.

Um yeah you shouldn't watch anything with rifftrax/mst3k you actually intended seeing.

No movie appeals to everyone, but you're obviously on the smaller piece of the pie.

Um yeah you shouldn't watch anything with rifftrax/mst3k you actually intended seeing.

Personally, I'd much rather watch Jurassic Park as normal for the 50th time than with some jackass making jokes about how Laura Dern's opened her mouth quite wide after seeing a dinosaur for the first time...

IRON MAN! :tup:

That is all.

Yay!

Saw it the other night. Great fun. Good soundtrack. Very satisfactory performance by Downey Jr.

Yay!

Saw it the other night. Great fun. Good soundtrack. Very satisfactory performance by Downey Jr.

Agreed on all points. End was a cool twist, mostly because Starkes character is great.

Yay!

Watched it yesterday, and it was great fun, I agree, mostly because the dialogs were brilliant. The superb thing about Downey Jr. is that not only deroes he create an awesome charact but he also makes all actors act better in the scenes he's in.

Jeff Bridges was ok, but I expected him to be awesome and there's this weird thing about Palthrow that makes her act like shit when Downey isn't in the picture - during the final 10 minutes, it's excruciating.

The music of the movie doesn't really qualify as a soundtrack as it's only a 3 seconds guitar riff (ta-tatata ta-tatata wuiiiiiiii) repeated over and over.

Speaking of Jeff Bridges, I just saw Tron for the first time this past Sunday. There were some ridiculous plot points, but the artistic style was inspired.

This city deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to 'em.

Third Dark Knight trailer. I am getting so hyped for this thing, I can't resist it. I just can't. And the movie warrants it; Nolan has made nothing but brilliant things in the last few years; and it's obvious that Heath Ledger's performance is going to be nothing less than stellar. The 18th of July will be an exciting day!

http://www.whysoserious.com/happytrails/trailer.htm

dark_knight_ver7.jpg

Thanks, that new trailer is fantastic.

This new Batman franchise continues to be so appealing because the casting just seems faultless. Everyone, including Michael Caine - who I typically don't like - has embraced their respective characters on what appears to be such a fundamental level.

Really can not wait to see this film, I'm so excited.

casting just seems faultless

Well, I wouldn't be so sure about that. Of course, the people involved are brilliant actors, but in Batman Begins, they are only decent they don't deliver the amazing performance they are known for.

Well, I wouldn't be so sure about that. Of course, the people involved are brilliant actors, but in Batman Begins, they are only decent they don't deliver the amazing performance they are known for.

Performance and casting are different things.

Yes, I too am hyped about this film. There were a lot of comic book movie trailers on at the Ironman movie, as well as Indiana Jones etc. But Dark Knight was the only on I felt excited about.

Hmm, Harvey Dent's foreshadowing in that trailer was pretty blatent though...

I don't know about these films, I reckon Bale really fails to pull off the dark twisted soul that the bat is in my head.

I wasn't comparing it to the other films. It is another realisation of a fictional character, and I picture that character in a very different way to how Bale/Nolan portray him, so I don't like it. It is a highly subjective opinion.

I'm quite insane of course, but I just bought these socks online.

jokersocks.jpg

Couldn't resist, because they're awesome! ^_^