ysbreker

Movie/TV recommendations

Actually, I have no beef with the Sens. The only team I have a problem with is Calgary as I have to deal with many drunken fans. I don't really hate the team, I just like when they lose so the fans shut the hell up. I was half-cheering for the Senators this year, but I'm not really fussed that they lost tonight. Pittsburgh is having a great year, and Crosby needs to prove himself this year. I'm pretty happy for them, but I hope they eventually get shut down by Montreal.

Just rewatched Tremors... It makes me sad that flukes like this don't happen more often.

I mean, you have Kevin Bacon, he's not famous yet but his pretty decent actor already. Fred Ward who will forever be the guy who is highly entertaining in all of the low budget schlock he has graced. Michael Gross, keen to have some kind of film career after being in sitcoms for years. Between the three of them they manage to take a ridiculous premise and pull it off.

Shame the sequels were so gadawful.

Also finally watched Juno, is it me or is this film going to be out of date in about 2 years? The whole time I felt like I was watching the equivalent of the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles for beginning of the 21st century. The slang is going to age soooo badly.

Hahah I did that for added insult.

But seriously, you should take comic sans out of the font options.

comicsansfv2.gif

...just saying is all.

Anyway, it's not like we're talking about this in "gaming." It's playoff season, we're Canadian. It's not only encouraged that we talk about hockey, it may actually be required by our constitution. Of course, I haven't checked, but given the atmosphere around the country this time of year, I'm pretty confident.

It's going to age like The Importance of Being Earnest.

Whoa. Hold it right there. Don't be messing with Rupert Everett now, y'hear?

ein_perfekter_ehemann_4.jpg

Whoa. Hold it right there. Don't be messing with Rupert Everett now, y'hear?

ein_perfekter_ehemann_4.jpg

I don't know if you were kidding or not, but anyway I haven't seen that. I'm talking about the original Wilde play, which is just as funny now as it was a hundred years ago. Something about Juno, especially the extreme wittiness of the characters, gives me a TIOBE vibe. I think the humour will last.

Alright, I wasn't kidding, but I wasn't sure if you were kidding. I love Earnest, both the play and the pretty recent movie with Rupert Everett and Judi Dench. It perfectly embodies the whimsical quality of the play; definitely recommendationworthy! It's cheap on play.com.

It's going to age like The Importance of Being Earnest.

Haven't seen that one yet, hope it's as good as Earnest Scared Stupid and Earnest Goes to Jail.

Man that's a lame joke I really shouldn't bother pressing the submit post button, but something is compelling me to do so.

Actually, that was goddamned high brow compared to your other works. Cheers to you :tup:

It definitely made me giggle.

Well I sort of disagree about Juno, I don't think it is all that timeless. In fact I did find myself cringing when some of the slang was used. It reminded me of this moment in 'A Clockwork Orange' when the main character is imprisoned and one of his cellmates uses a dialect/slang so out of date that no one understands him.

Don't get me wrong I liked the film, just think it will age badly.

Ooh, this might actually become really good, with Del Toro's imaginitive use of creatures. Did you see the stuff he's cooked up for Hellboy 2? Amazing things there.

Fuck you, n0wak. I was all cheered up by the Hobbit news and then you spring this shit on me.