ysbreker

Movie/TV recommendations

Can i borrow a teabag?

As long as you bring it back.

I read this page thinking "I never really liked the IT Crowd cos it's kind of silly and cartoonish, but Father Ted: now that is a true comedy classic!!"

...I realise the grand error I've made, and will be giving IT Crowd another chance soon.

"The Haunting of Bill Crouse" is easily my favourite episode of a live-action sitcom ever. Just sayin'.

It blows my mind that in a few short days I will be watching a whole new season of Arrested Development.

It blows my mind that I still need to watch the old seasons

I'm watching season two. Phenomenal show. Delay no longer.

Michael to GOB:
Get rid of The Seaward.

Lucille (overhearing):
I'll leave when I'm good and ready.

I read this page thinking "I never really liked the IT Crowd cos it's kind of silly and cartoonish, but Father Ted: now that is a true comedy classic!!"

...I realise the grand error I've made, and will be giving IT Crowd another chance soon.

The second season is the best. If you find the first one hard going maybe skip forward and then go back later.

Spaced is a sitcom directed by Edgar Wright and starring Simon Pegg (naturally). I haven't seen the whole thing, but it's pretty good.

Also, it's one of those rare shows to use video games effectively to aid their story rather than just having characters mashing buttons for product placement. There's episodes where the cast are playing Tomb Raider and Resident Evil purely to reinforce the tone.

Yeah, Pegg talks on the commentary track how most actors pretending to play console have obviously never used a controller and it really annoyed him, so he generally was actually playing the games in those shots.

Have you seen Kevin spacey play COD in house of cards :P he kind of massages the control pad

"You've got some paint on you."

"It's a literal tribute to the self-reflexivity of Rembrandt."

"Did he like it?"

"He's dead."

"Bloody hell, that really backfired."

The sixth sense bit always gets me, partially I think because it's not the scene that pretty much everyone else apes in everything ever. Also the rave episode. My ringtone may or may not be the techno remix of the a-team theme that they used.

Kind of in agreement with Ben (Meaning I don't want to put words in his mouth): The first series of the IT Crowd was bobbins, and it improves a hell of a lot after that.

IMPORTANT MOVIE NEWS: the Man of Steel poster is totally ripping off the Astro Boy poster.

CHPF5kD.jpgRBmJgwP.jpg

Kind of in agreement with Ben (Meaning I don't want to put words in his mouth): The first series of the IT Crowd was bobbins, and it improves a hell of a lot after that.

Yes, although I enjoyed it a lot more when I went back to it after season 2 (and maybe 3) - there's some good stuff there but it's a lot easier to separate once you know what you're looking for. They're doing a final episode soon, apparently.

I saw The Great Gatsby tonight. As a movie experience, it was excellent. I can still feel the thrill of some scenes and performances. Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.

But, as an adaptation of a great American novel, it was baffling, even upsetting. How could they make a hundred-million dollar movie that doesn't understand its source material? Anyone who thinks that The Great Gatsby is a story of love and hope needs to throw out their old high school book report and read the novel again.

It's about the remoteness of the past to us here in the present, even though that same past is what defines us. It's about the cruelty of old money and the ugliness of new, and the ways both ruin people. It's about the danger of wanting what we can't have and the inevitability of such wants. It's about the lie that is the American Dream. None of it was worthy of Baz Luhrmann's attention.

Kitchen Nightmares update:

nbyhhLJ.jpg

This has been an amazing experience.

lol wat, amazing. i still haven't got around to watching the whole episode properly (the first 2mins were enough)