ysbreker

Movie/TV recommendations

I unabashedly loved Tron Legacy enough to see it in theaters twice and then buy the Blu-Ray.

I liked it enough. I watched it once in theatres, but I went with friends after being awake for almost 2 days straight, so I slept through the whole thing... I then rented the DVD later on and watched it. it's not the greatest movie I've ever seen, but its far from the worst.

As I was walking towards my home, a young man riding a neon green bike shouted to me, "Tron Legacy, check that shit!"

So, if you want recommendations from strangers on bicycles... go watch Tron Legacy.

Ah, my technique is starting to bear fruit

It's a fantastic long music video, terrible film. I went in with that expectation and liked it as a result.

I was totally fine with Tron Legacy. It's arguably a much better film than the original Tron, which, really, let's not beat around the bush, for all its cult status, is a pretty big mess. Interesting, but a mess.

Saw the latest Star Trek. The performances were great all around, even poor Chris Pine, but the plot was an anemic, underwritten mess. It just wouldn't end!

Starfleet just needs to stop making people admirals. They have like a fifty-percent chance of defection once they get there. Also, take a drink every time there's a countdown and/or a problem is solved by hitting something!

Agree. Why "poor" Chris Pine, though?

Great Gatsby is far too much melodrama slopped on top of a relatively restrained story, and the 3D is rubbish.

Oh, it's just that Kirk had the flattest character arc ever in the first movie and, though Chris Pine's physicality was good, he didn't seem to bring much else to the table then. Not with Into Darkness, though.

Hmmm, I'd agree on the character arc, but I thought he was very versatile in the first one. Did good comedy, action, drama.

I haven't seen the new one yet, but they showed a really bad clip before a Daily Show interview a few days ago. Just Kirk standing, yelling at the Bad Guy while avoiding any expression through body language or facial expressions.

Saw Into Darkness yesterday and I'll really enjoyed it.  Solid action, some great humour, and a good story.

Seven psychopaths :tup: I heart Sam Rockwell

Really enjoyed it! Very entertaining and clever. Made me laugh a lot

I just watched The Devil's Advocate again, it's really awesome movie, despite Keanu's acting. Al Pacino is really awesome in this movie, he has a lot of those great monologues. I thought his ending monologue was much much stronger, but it wasn't. Either way, I like it when Pacino is ranting for a long scene.

Also.. Jeffrey Jones :tup:

It may interest you that Pacino is only in it because Keanu offered to take a massive pay cut specifically so that they could bring Pacino on.

...I have a certain appreciation for Keanu Reeves. He's a crummy actor but he's the single nicest person in the movies despite the absurd amount of tragic shit he's had to deal with.

Keanu Reeves will forever be Ted to me.

One of my favorite movies of all time. RIP Rufus.

So for the past few days I've been watching "Black Books", a British comedy starring Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey. It's one of the funniest TV shows I've watched in a long time.

...also, watched Star Trek: Into Darkness last night. It just kept going...

Oh man, I don't even know what's happening on that cover. The thinking must've gone as follows: Sean Connery played in the movie The Rock, so that could easily be mixed up with Dwayne Johnson, but then it wouldn't be complete without getting the name wrong. Sean Connery vs The Cock.

Black Books is great. Have you watched Spaced, Father Ted and The IT Crowd yet?

I've got several seasons of The IT Crowd on DVD, and I've seen a few episodes of Father Ted. Both shows are also fantastic. I haven't seen Spaced, however.

*gasp* spaced is the best thing ever. Go see this as soon as possible!

As I was walking towards my home, a young man riding a neon green bike shouted to me, "Tron Legacy, check that shit!"

So, if you want recommendations from strangers on bicycles... go watch Tron Legacy.

Any excuse to post this picture

tIFWQpo.png