ysbreker

Movie/TV recommendations

Been watching Leonard Bernstein's Young People's Concerts which I've been meaning to pick up for a very long time, and they're great. Leonard Bernstein is one of my favorite people ever.

I want to high five you for watching Primer, Mington. It's been too long, I need to watch it again, but with the accompanying (spoiler heavy) chart.

Just finished, um I think I'm gonna need that chart :)

I was following it fine until about 2/3 of the way through. Then the film just goes blerlergaharhhareherehegerarg. Girlfriends dad in the car? Jumping over himself 3 times?

And it doesn't really help that I don't know which character is Abe and which is Aaron :)

What is the motivation of the guys at the end, I would've assumed their plans wouldve escalated, but they go from trying to become millionaires to stopping a slight ruckus at a party. The dude never fired the gun.....Ooooh wait, only because he had already stopped it

Ok chart time

Stupid film just made me pour stone cold soup from the tin straight into my bowl instead of the saucepan :)

I'm determined to figure out at least a little bit before I read the chart

Damnit I was just coming here to link that.

And yes, that is Glados.

As a big fan of both Guillermo Del Toro and giant robot animes, this is probably the most excited i have been for a movie in a long, long time.

The only things I see there to sour me on it are the presence of the Inception bwong in yet another trailer, and the requisite inspiring speech.

I happened to glimpse Eat Pray Love with Julia Roberts yesterday while I was writing (don't ask). What a shallow piece of shit. I was one part self help nonsense, two parts condescending aphorisms. Also, every non-American Julia Roberts meets is capable of eloquently explaining relationships to her instead of fumbling about like everyone does in reality. The whole world is one big Noble Savage.

If you can stomach more industrial espionage thriller, Bourne Legacy is not quite as good as Supremacy, but better than Ultimatum and Indentity.

E: Hahaha, only an hour later do I realize where I recognize the random Aussie from. It's one of the hosts of Australian Top Gear.

I dunno, it goes a bit too sci-fi for me and doesn't really add much. I wouldn't say it's better than any of the others, but it's better than I feared. There really wasn't any need for another Bourne movie.

Huh, HBO Nordic wants me to pay for 12 months before I get the chance to cancel. Nope.

I happened to glimpse Eat Pray Love with Julia Roberts yesterday while I was writing (don't ask). What a shallow piece of shit. I was one part self help nonsense, two parts condescending aphorisms. Also, every non-American Julia Roberts meets is capable of eloquently explaining relationships to her instead of fumbling about like everyone does in reality. The whole world is one big Noble Savage.

I haven't seen it, Rodi, but I do know that it's based on a true story :-/

Huh, HBO Nordic wants me to pay for 12 months before I get the chance to cancel. Nope.

Yeah, and apparently the quality isn't that great, either. It's 1080p, but from the screenshots I've seen, the bitrate seems pretty low.

Also, I love that Norwegian consumer laws force them to offer a non-binding alternative, so i'll be able to sign up for one month, just to try it out. If it turns out they're offering a paid service that's inferior to piracy, I'll be TOTALLY FUCKING SHOCKED.

I haven't seen it, Rodi, but I do know that it's based on a true story :-/

Well, yes and no. The grand journey of self-discovery was in actuality an all-expenses-paid trip with the express purpose of writing a book. It only confirms everything about this is awful. Watch the movie and be amazed at how boundlessly self-absorbed and priviliged a person can be. Really, it's like they were aiming to create the least likeable character of the year.

I just finally saw Looper and it was way better than I expected. It even has this farcical element that shouldn't work, but for me it really did. Just terrific sci-fi. I've only got one problem with it:

There's no reason to have the same looper kill his future self. If you just mixed the future loopers with the other victims, you wouldn't even have to tell the loopers they are going to die. No one would ever know.

Oh yeah, and there's a scene where Bruce Willis stupidly dual wields submachine guns, but otherwise it's great.