ysbreker

Movie/TV recommendations

Ah, it was just a throwaway line.

Anyway, I didn't finish the movie. I was so tired I had to shut it off. I ended up sleeping through most of that afternoon.

I saw The Hunger Games last night finally (I am behind the times!) and it was pretty all right. A fun movie, which is what I expected. I liked everything about it except the

awkward romance. I believe the implication is that she was playing it up for the audience, so her bad acting could make sense. But what's the excuse for his bad acting? Oh geez.

Also there was a trailer for the new Twilight movie, and the vampire guy said to the newly-vampire chick: "We're the same temperature now" in the most ridiculously flirtatious manner and I lose it for a full minute. Oh my god is that really how the dialogue sounds. I almost want to see it just because of that line. (Kind of like how I enjoy watching MST3k.)

I saw The Hunger Games last night finally (I am behind the times!) and it was pretty all right. A fun movie, which is what I expected. I liked everything about it except the

awkward romance. I believe the implication is that she was playing it up for the audience, so her bad acting could make sense. But what's the excuse for his bad acting? Oh geez.

Also there was a trailer for the new Twilight movie, and the vampire guy said to the newly-vampire chick: "We're the same temperature now" in the most ridiculously flirtatious manner and I lose it for a full minute. Oh my god is that really how the dialogue sounds. I almost want to see it just because of that line. (Kind of like how I enjoy watching MST3k.)

The first Twilight movie has started appearing on TV in the last month or so. I actually passed over it one night and watched it for about twenty minutes. It's odd, because the movie is actually really well filmed and directed, and it looks really good. It's stunningly filmed.

The dialogue and acting however, are as bad as Twig has said and you may have heard.

On the other hand, The Adventures of Tits and Lemonface (Sci-fi's "Lost Girl") is in no way worth watching.

I was unaware of this show's existence. I went to the official website and said "eeugh" and closed it.

At least there's one more season of Eureka. ): And I guess Warehouse 13 is entertaining enough, even if it's nothing special. U:

Man, I remember when I read about the upcoming Syfywhatever shows a couple years ago, and some of it sounded kind of amazing. Especially the one where Kevin Sorbo played himself with superpowers. None of it ever happened as far as I know.

EDIT: Found it! http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/07/30/kevin-sorbo-lee-majors-syfy-series/

Yeah I think none of those exist? Sad. I guess most of them would have probably been duds anyway. BUT MAN, that Kevin Sorbo thing could've been great.

I'm still sad that syfy never picked up Amazing Screw on Head, the pilot was entertaining as all hell.

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I tend to watch TV/cinema for the actors rather than the rest of it, and Kevin Sorbo, between Andromeda. Hercules and Beastmaster, he is right up there in my "List of guys I would have no objections playing ever male lead role ever"

At least there's one more season of Eureka. ): And I guess Warehouse 13 is entertaining enough, even if it's nothing special. U:

I dislike the story arcs of the last few Eureka seasons. I preferred the early type of episodes that were isolated stories.

Warehouse 13 is just *ugh*.

I dislike the story arcs of the last few Eureka seasons. I preferred the early type of episodes that were isolated stories.

I like it less but I don't dislike it.

Warehouse 13 is just *ugh*.

It's not really that good, but I like it anyway. It starts out really awful and gets better.

Yep.

I'm hoping that in season 4 of Warehouse 13, the agents will have learned that having a really convenient stun weapon means they don't have to fumble about in a chase, quizzically standing around until the enemy makes the first move. By all means, shoot first, ask questions when the bad guy is tied up.

I'm hoping that in season 4 of Warehouse 13, the agents will have learned that having a really convenient stun weapon means they don't have to fumble about in a chase, quizzically standing around until the enemy makes the first move. By all means, shoot first, ask questions when the bad guy is tied up.

Haha. I accept these kinds of things as a natural piece of the cheesy sci-fi television show repertoire.

I'm hoping they don't actually go for the terrible "Hey it's okay,

they have everything they need to completely reverse that evidently near-meaningless apocalypse at the end of S3

" that they so heavily telegraphed.

I guess it shows how little I actually care that I don't remember at all what happened at the end of season three, despite having watched it. Warehouse 13 is just stupid fun for me and nothing more, apparently! U:

I guess it shows how little I actually care that I don't remember at all what happened at the end of season three, despite having watched it. Warehouse 13 is just stupid fun for me and nothing more, apparently! U:

Yeah, I watch Warehouse 13 because I really like the actors behind Mika, Pete, Artie and Miss Fredericks. It's just fun camp.

Battleship. I know I shouldn't expect anything from these movies, but it still invariably annoys me when science fiction stories get the physics wrong. It's a pet peeve. I am completely willing to go along with a lot of bullshit in sci-fi, whether it's crazy new inventions or alien races or alternative dimensions or black hole theories. But I can't take it if simple physics aren't taken into account, it's sloppy, lazy and stupid.

This isn't spoiling anything, really, but I'm putting it in tags to be sure. In Battleship a

radio signal is sent to the red dwarf Gliese system, a relatively closeby system thought to contain a life-sustaining planet. Gliese is 20 lightyears away. However, in the movie it takes only the span of five years for the radio signal to arrive and an enemy fleet to return to earth. In reality, not accounting for warp drives or warp speed or whatever, assuming everything travels at the speed of light, it should have taken at least 40 years, and that's not even taking into account preparation and decision making on the alien planet.

I get why they made this call for various storytelling reasons, but it nevertheless undermines its believability. Not that it matters, Battleship was a profoundly stupid movie, filled with utterly, utterly unlikeable characters.

Maybe

they had warp drives

and didn't mention it, then? Or does that bother you in general?

If they had

warp drives, the radio signal would still have travelled at exactly the speed of light, making it at least 20 years before it arrives.

I don't mind warp drives or anything, like I said, but it has to make sense within the world, it has to be consistent and in accordance with what we know is true about the universe.

Has anyone else seen the first couple of episodes of Girls? I'm actually rather enjoying it, so much so that I'm kinda bummed that there isn't more of it already. On the other hand, it is horribly embarrassing at times, as I recognise aspects of myself or those I know in the characters. Smart people are dumb in even more excruciating ways sometimes than the likes of the antics that occur in the Inbetweeners or similar.

Can't say that I have...

The Avengers. Best Marvel superhero film since Iron Man. Joss Whedon knows his stuff. No further comment necessary.

I, too, am going to the cinema tomorrow!

With a lady!

To see Salmon Fishing in the Yemen!

(Next week I will see The Avengers)