ysbreker

Movie/TV recommendations

If you can get behind surreal, crazy and short anime, FLCL (Fooly Cooly) is a great way to spend 2 hours. A 6 episode show about...well

Weird space aliens driving motorcyles, also guitars, and superb music.

2WmQ9uz8RE8

Edited in the vid, thanks Patters!

Edited by Sombre

If you can get behind surreal, crazy and short anime, FLCL (Fooly Cooly) is a great way to spend 2 hours. A 6 episode show about...well

Weird space aliens driving motorcyles, also guitars, and superb music.

You only use the part after v= in the code so for example: v=fuiafapofhaoieg the bold part there.

Speedy Gonzales is getting the Garfield/Alvin and the Chipmunks treatment...

With George Lopez playing the lead.

New Line plans to retool Speedy to make him less of a racist caricature, making him funny or entertaining is probably too much for anyone to ask.

There was a lot of comments about this on Cartoon Brew recently and man does it sound terrible. It'll probably end up much like the live action Underdog or Rocky and Bullwinkle. I'm not sure why there is a market for this shit.

Speedy Gonzales is getting the Garfield/Alvin and the Chipmunks treatment...

With George Lopez playing the lead.

No Thanks.

I don't care what a stripper tells you, George Lopez is not funny...AT all.

Also: Thumbs, what's your favorite movie? Go!

Back To The Future (as you may have guessed from my avatar's natty life-preserver/denim ensemble).

Lol. Of course, it's patently obvious that the red and blue thing you're wearing is because Back to the Future is your favourite film :)

I can't name a single favourite film, but throughout my life I have had some: Back to the Future was my favourite for years. Then it was Die Hard. They're still both great, but now, if push came to shove, it might just be Network... but there's so many great films to choose from.

No Thanks.

I don't care what a stripper tells you, George Lopez is not funny...AT all.

Yeah, but neither was Speedy so in that way he's perfect. On the other hand I think whoever cast Lopez must have confused talking fast with talking loud.

Apocalypse Now, it's got the most gorgeous cinematography I've ever seen.

I suck at naming a single item. So it would be either Fifth Element or Tron.

Fifth Element is pretty much the ultimate action/adventure/comedy movie. It contains everything I/you'd look for in a movie.

Tron... I don't really know why, it just fascinates me.

Fifth Element is pretty much the ultimate action/adventure/comedy movie. It contains everything I/you'd look for in a movie.

I saw this on TV the other day - I'd forgotten how good it is. The same thing happened a couple of days earlier with Die Hard. Turns out Bruce Willis is pretty much The Man.

My all time fave movie, though, is Blade Runner.

I saw this on TV the other day - I'd forgotten how good it is. The same thing happened a couple of days earlier with Die Hard. Turns out Bruce Willis is pretty much The Man.

My all time fave movie, though, is Blade Runner.

The Fifth Element is a great movie. I watched it so many times that I've lost count.

Funny fact though is that Bruce Willis was not supposed to star in it. The main role was supposed to be for Jean Reno, the man always in Luc Besson's movies, but for some reason that did not happen so Bruce got the part.

Could be just me, but I can't see Reno in that role.

Weird space aliens driving motorcyles, also guitars, and superb music

Thanks, that was a strange and entertaining way to wind down the day after getting back from holiday. Also, someone had got me listening to The Pillows just the day before :tup:

I've just watched the one episode, but I really liked the whole intro thing, with the guy coming each year and sitting alone.

Was that actor someone special? He looked like he had age make-up on, so I guess he plays his young self elsewhere, or it's an in-joke cameo or something, but I can't figure it out.

Was that actor someone special? He looked like he had age make-up on, so I guess he plays his young self elsewhere, or it's an in-joke cameo or something, but I can't figure it out.

Yeah, the make-up was a bit rubbish. He just looked like he had gathered a lot of dust, which maybe makes sense, I dunno.

Sports Night - Love this show. Despite the laugh track, there are aspects of the show that makes it a pretty serious drama. It helps if you like sports, but it's not necessary.

The Critic - My other favorite show. I think it's well written and does a wonderful job at parodying popular films.

The Fountain - a movie that works on so many levels. I think I was a bit too tired to watch this with my wife last night. This felt like a movie that you have to watch with a clear mind and not so sleepy.

Darren Aronofsky has made only a few movies, but all of them are great. Of course latest The Wrestler is not same category as The Fountain or Requiem for a Dream, but in my opinion is maybe even a better movie, mainly because of Mickey Rourke. Pi I have not seen.

The Fountain - a movie that works on so many levels.

I, too, enjoyed that movie. And about anything with Hugh Jackman in it. Including the X-Men: Origins Wolverine demo.

Pi I have not seen.

Pi is ok. Not a bad start for a filmmaker.

Come on people, list your favourite film! (If I can do it, anybody can -- this is probably the first time in a decade I've answered that question!)

Pi is ok. Not a bad start for a filmmaker.

Come on people, list your favourite film! (If I can do it, anybody can -- this is probably the first time in a decade I've answered that question!)

Akira. Though definately not my most watched film, everything about it just clicks. I will also stand by my opinion that Once upon a time in Mexico is the best film ever made, for one simple reason:

Jonny Depp gets his eyes cut out

, this may or may not be an entirely serious claim.

Favorite film:

There Will Be Blood.

I've met quite a few people who's reaction to it was "huh?", but I love it. The characters are bastards, the film comes together like a clockwork mechanism, and there is no moral except maybe "Don't be like this people". In a lot of ways, it reminds me of an original fairytale.

I saw Cool Hand Luke with Paul Newman last summer and instantly fell in love. I've seen it a couple of times since then and now I'm convinced it's my favorite movie. Jesus christ did I feel sad when Paul Newman sang Plastic Jesus after the death of his mother.

I thought There Will Be Blood had a weak ending. Basically I had thought the movie was a whole lot smarter than it revealed itself to be (

turns out the kid is just naive after all, when I was thinking he was playing everyone and using religion to gain power

).