ysbreker

Movie/TV recommendations

WTF??????? I mean – I love all the ALIENS scifi military stuff, but those fucking alien designs are shudder inducing. Ugh! Gabe from Videogum said they look like “Jar Jar Binks fucked a character from World of Warcraft” and I think he’s dead on. Guh! SOOOOOOO TERRIBLE!!! The dragon monsters are really cool and the world looks neat – but!!!! On top of it – that fruity fucking font they’re using fits those blue rastafarian Joe Camel sad, wet-eyed things like a glove. Ack! This is for furries and/or 4 year olds and I do not feel welcome there at all.

Not at all a James Cameron fan. Can't stand most of his films, stories, or general attitude (put up with him on the Alien boxset), but this movie is leading up to some hilarious animation drama:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/08/26/more-press-than-they-deserve-delgo-creators-consider-avatar-lawsuit/

Oh Delgo, why can't you just disappear for good?

EDIT: oops, I just saw your Delgo link, even though it was in a huge font the first time around.

EDIT: oops, I just saw your Delgo link, even though it was in a huge font the first time around.

Heh heh. I can see how the sad, wet eye must have distracted you. I made the font even bigger - just for hilarity's sake.

Man! That Delgo trailer is so bad! It's pretty funny.

I do think that Eli Roth should have played it more stoic, and QT should have given him a LOT less dialog (like maybe just the line before the waiter scene in the theater). The guy's a douche from the get-go, but man - what a terrible actor! His performance was the only distracting one in the whole movie.

Yeah, I don't know why Eli Roth is being cast in QT's movies. When I saw QT give a talk in Brixton he said that Roth had to audition for Death Proof just like everyone else... That's ok for one movie, but was he really the best actor he could find for Inglourious, too?! Maybe it's just because everything I've ever heard about the guy paints him as the biggest douche on the planet, but him being in a film is almost enough to make me not want to watch it.

Still, it's amazing how Tarantino seems to be able to get superb performances out of people... as long as they're not Brad Pitt or Eli Roth (although I'd warmed to Pitt's performance by the end).

Prepare to be AMAZED...

99E16w0PxCA

This should be called 'Middle-Aged Crime Dracula'.

(Graham Linehan's description, although I wish it were mine... it's so true!)

Going to see Ponyo tonight. Excited!

As for Avatar, those aliens look like the blue things from those Animorphs books I used to read when I was about 10. No idea what they're called anymore, but yeah.

one dimensional

Not just lacking in depth, but breadth too!

vEM5B4P8PIg

Bored to Death, a new show on HBO starring Jason Schwartzman of Rushmore fame and Zach Galifianakis of the Hangover. And Ted Danson too! I can't wait to see this.

And another thing to look forward to:

qszzV1tkzoE

The men who stare at goats.

Yes I will definitely be looking forward to that.

Prepare to be AMAZED...

99E16w0PxCA

This should be called 'Middle-Aged Crime Dracula'.

(Graham Linehan's description, although I wish it were mine... it's so true!)

I would pay to see that.

The Men Who Stare At Goats looks a like it's a little too close to Hollywood cheese, but I know I'm going to watch it! (Any trailer that features "More Than A Feeling" also gets my approval :)).

Bored to Death

Not

, then.
The men who stare at goats.

a) The title reminds me of

B) I saw a documentary about the guy who wanted to teach soldiers to walk through walls.

Not
, then.

That's such an odd sketch... There's one side that seems to be having a satirical dig at all the boring things that are sold to us in everyday life, "Look Sammy, the Winter Olympics!"/"A documentary about the International Space Station!", which is funny... Then there's the other side about a guy who can't have the same experiences twice ("we've paid everyone to re-enact the Vietnam war for you" -- which is a totally different joke.

Yeah, the series as a whole seems to hop back and forth between making a point and just being a bit surreal, but I'm very fond of it.

I was watching Conan the Barbarian (classic early Arnold), tonight. I got to the part where James Earl Jones turns a snake into an arrow and shoots what's-her-name, and when she's dying, she says..."The Wizaaard!" I lol'ed and rewound to watch it again.

I was watching Conan the Barbarian (classic early Arnold), tonight. I got to the part where James Earl Jones turns a snake into an arrow and shoots what's-her-name, and when she's dying, she says..."The Wizaaard!" I lol'ed and rewound to watch it again.

Reminds me of this, which is weird to hear from a future Republican governor

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V30tyaXv6EI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V30tyaXv6EI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Ok. Probably not that weird. For a Republican.

'Lo fellow 'Peans, I just had Alfred J. Kwak pop into my head. I recall really digging the show when I was a wee one, but there is no way in hell I will be able to find it anywhere in the States. Was the show any good, or was I a dumb kid for liking it?

That was one of my favourite cartoons as a kid. I would kind of like to watch it again but I haven't found the courage yet.

Saw The Hurt Locker last night (just got released here in the UK). A highly recommended film!

I saw the trailer on TV, thought it looked gash. Then saw the Empire review of 5 stars! Glad someone else agrees, maybe will check it out.

'Lo fellow 'Peans, I just had Alfred J. Kwak pop into my head. I recall really digging the show when I was a wee one, but there is no way in hell I will be able to find it anywhere in the States. Was the show any good, or was I a dumb kid for liking it?

Alfred J. Kwak was/is amazing! I loved that series as a kid! Did you watch the Dutch version with subtitles or a dubbed version?