Sign in to follow this  
Ryam BaCo

e.v.o.: search for eden

last week i haphazardly found a snes-emulator and the game e.v.o.: search for eden in the network of our company.

and as far as i played (just finished the first stage) it's a highly original concept about putting evolution in a game and mixing it with rpg-elements. (and all that over a decade before something comparable like spore was announced)

despite its flaws (mainly balancing and collision detection) i'm still having a lot of fun with it.

who else knows it? any people who played it on the snes out there?

Yeah, I played it on zsnes a few years ago. I thought it was a nice idea but it gets real dull after a few evolutions. I think I got out of the water at least...

I remember the music being pretty good.

Played it on the SNES back in the day. Loved it.

One of my all time favorite strange games that kinda slipped between the cracks. Played it all the way through on ZSNES a few years back and was quite satisfied.

Sometimes I think it's one of those concepts that should be rethought with modern technology, but they'd probably make it into a sandbox type game for creature creation.

That's an awesome game. I played it right through to the end (although, I did cheat my way through about 3/4 in). I like how you can save a few of your best evolutions and change back to them at certain points in the game. Nothing like turning into a T-Rex type-thing to kill a boss. :-)

so. just finished it. balancing and level design is pretty crappy, but it's overall a pretty entertaining game benefiting mostly of the unused scenario.

so. just finished it. balancing and level design is pretty crappy, but it's overall a pretty entertaining game benefiting mostly of the unused scenario.

Get back to work!