Sign in to follow this  
Wrestlevania

New Castlevania demo'd [inc. video]

Konami showed a convincing work-in-progress version of their forth-coming Castlevania game for Nintendo DS, entitled Portrait of Ruin, at this year's Comic Con in San Diego.

Whilst it's evidently still a mid-development build of the game, it looks like not only will we get a convincing 'partner system', Konami have also seen fit to bin that somewhat trashy stylus element from Dawn of Sorrow. GameSpot have a decent enough mini-preview of the demo shown, and highlights include:

• Cooperative play (including NiWiFi!)
  • Online shop system where players can sell each other equipment
  • Exclusive music by Yuzo Koshiro (Streets of Rage, Sonic the Hedgehog, Shenmue) [OMG shameless girly squeal!!!]

Fingers crossed the game will also support Download Play off a single cartridge too, although it might be a bit much to hope for given the complexity of the game's graphics, audio and combat/levelling.

Dawn of Sorrow was definitely one of my favourite action-adventure games, so I can't wait to play this! :tup:

A definite purchase. 100% completion in the last one means they did something right.

A definite purchase. 100% completion in the last one means they did something right.

Nicely done.

I'm "only" at 96% but it still has me coming back months after I finished the main story. Just need to find how you open the catacombs under the main town, where the two different shops are, and I think that'll be 100% for me too.

Same here.

And OMG Yuzo Koshiro! Shinobi on Game Gear was the most important Soundtrack of my entire childhood! Even today i seem to remember every music to every stage and boss.

And OMG Yuzo Koshiro!

I know exactly what you mean. The soundtracks to Streets of Rage I & II are still my most favourite pieces of game music ever--they're just bursting with attitude and menace, and made my MegaDrive sing. :owned:

Same here.

And OMG Yuzo Koshiro! Shinobi on Game Gear was the most important Soundtrack of my entire childhood! Even today i seem to remember every music to every stage and boss.

hi,

I recently ripped this music into .vgm files! You can download a .zip file of it here:

http://www.geocities.jp/playgamemusic/Back_Stage.htm

You can also get GG Shinobi II here:

http://www.smspower.org/music/vgm/index.shtml?PHPSESSID=0bc3b04cbb0d2994e0ed631e55632132

You need special software to play it. Go here if you want it:

http://www.smspower.org/music/vgmtools.shtml

Matthew

[email protected]