BigJKO

Heroes in a half-shell

And here I was thinking that the Turtles franchise was completely ruined, and this pops up on Apple Trailers.

It's not so bad. Seems better than the new cartoon. Who knows?

At least it is animated by, you know, animators.

At least it seems it is.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised. The characters don't look like some bastard child of animé and are actually very well animated.

And the timing of Michaelangelo falling into the dumpster worked pretty well, IMO

The models looked pretty fresh. Not cardboard copies of earlier versions or unrecognizable and ugly. Original.

After a second of adjustment, I loved the style. I was never a particular fan of the Turtles, but I think this could be very true to the theme. Hopefully it won't only feature predictable safe humour.

Also, I like how the teaser has the balls not to show the full name at all but makes do with TMNT. Everyone who'd be interested in the movie, knows. The rest just isn't even its public ;)

I wish the heads resembled the live-action one's a bit more. As it stands now, they look a bit too compressed, or flattened.

I liked how they did the original movies overall, even if they aren't cinematic masterpieces or anything, but this will definitely benefit the action bits at the very least.

Yes, but will it have Corey Feldman as Donatello?

WTF? Did he voice Donatello in the original or something? I haven't seen that movie in fifteen years.

In TMNT one and three, he played Don. Strangely, not in two though... (If you check IMDB, it has him down as "Donatello (voice)" wheras the official listing for Donatello is Leif something. I assume this is the guy in the turtle suit.)

Last I've heard of the dude, he was trying to sell his body parts on eBay, or something along those lines...

Whoa, look at the time... I'm soo fucking tired... ;(:yawn:

I like the way those turtles move like frogs. It doesn't make any sense, but I still like it.

...where's the giant talking brain? :erm:

It's Krang, you fool! "Shredder! I want those *snort* tuuurtllles!"

Pfff, you should be forced to watch every episode of the ball-achingly crap final two cartoon series' as punishment.

PS: Every household should be retrofitted with a copy Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The Arcade Game immediately. All dissenting senior family members must play this game in simultaneous four-player mode until they admit that "video games are actually fucking brilliant!" This is law.

PPS: Bring back arcades. :\

mmm so many talking points.

I though corey feldman was michaelangelo. And his line 'the pizza dude's here, dude!' from the 'burbs was really good. And families should be given the choice between the turtles arcade game and the similar simpsons one.

And that trailer looks great. And the two original turtles movies are both class. And April O' Neil is the shit. And prince valiant was worse than the last series of tmht cartoon series. In fact, it was the worst cartoon series ever made.

booyah:bac0n: .

And the two original turtles movies are both class.

Actually, there were 3 live action movies. I remember the first one actually being a decent movie. The 2nd one is also entertaining but mostly because it's really bad and has Vanilla Ice at the end. The third movie was complete crap and the first movie I was ever disappointed in.

This new movie looks pretty cool though and a lot more like the comics.

I liked all three when I was a kid. Having somewhat recently watched them again showed how poor my tastes were in certain respects. I couldn't get myself to dislike the movies though. I don't know if it's because it's the Turtles, if I have a mental defect or if it's just some weird form of nostalgia that removes me from reality.

The first movie is decent, well directed and often well written (dialogue, not plot), nice visual style. I just saw it a couple of days ago. Also, the Jim Henson Company turtle costumes are really nice.

And families should be given the choice between the turtles arcade game and the similar simpsons one.

I remember that I spent like at least $50 on that Simpsons arcade game just to finish it at a Orlando Holiday Inn in 1992.

I remember that I spent like at least $50 on that Simpsons arcade game just to finish it at a Orlando Holiday Inn in 1992.

Heh. I did the same thing in Muskoka in 1998. My little sister and I co-oped through the entire game.

Yeah it was a lot of fun, I got some co-op help from my cousin and also from two young kids who were staying at the hotel too.

Real four player mp mayhem.

Yeah it was a lot of fun, I got some co-op help from my cousin and also from two young kids who were staying at the hotel too.

Real four player mp mayhem.

I remember going on a school trip to Alton Towers as a kid, and they had several TMNT arcade machines scattered around the park. Kids went missing for hours (literally), only to be found pumping 50p's into these things--me included. ;(

Brilliant school trip though. :grin:

One time, there was a bunch of kids from my elementary school who went to an arcade and one of the kids spent the whole time playing The Simpsons arcade game while other kids would join in and leave. He started to run out of money near the end of the game but then kids started giving him quarters so he could finish the game.

I also did the same thing when our school went to a Roller Rink on the last day of school when I played through the Alien Versus Predator arcade game.

These games need to be put on X-Box Live Arcade or something, these were some of the best coop games ever.