lobotomy42

Heroes Trailer (from the Killer7 guys)

Stylin'. That wouldn't be Travis as in "The dead guy who follows you around in Killer 7," now would it? Be kind of interesting if they linked the games up.

The art looks really intriguing, but the voice acting is really, really bad.

Could be worse. If we're lucky, they'll give us the option for Japanese with English subtitles. (a la Soul Calibur 2) I didn't think the acting in Killer 7 was that bad, so this surprises me. Maybe it's just that a lot of it was garbled by the ghost-talk thing.

While the acting could be better I feel it fits the Grasshopper style; completely out there and extremely exaggerated, falling in line well with the visuals. I could see myself not being bothered at all half an hour into the game. It seems to be on the same level as Killer 7 mostly.

I wouldn't call the visuals absolute crap, so for me they didn't really mesh well with the absolute crap voice acting.

Did you even bother reading what I posted?

Here's the breakdown:

• The voice-acting isn't very good when compared to most games.
  • The voice-acting could be a pretty good fit since the visuals (and perhaps even the story) are pretty fucking trippy.

Addendum: campy movies can be fun, why not campy games?

Maybe I shouldn't go overboard with this, since I cringed at first hearing it, but please consider my points.

I was just being an asshole mostly. Anyway, I wouldn't say the voices are trippy or strange like the graphics, they're just very bad.

Killer7 had better voice overs than this. By far. And to put it in context, even those weren't all that great.

This is just... Mega Man 8 intro quality.

Speaking of Killer 7, that game deserves love just for Con Smith's reload animation.

:ancient::owned::chaste:

erm...am I the only one with jap subs in the movie? I think the japanese version may have english acting...

but I'm still trying to figure out if Killer 7 is a good game or not(any advice is welcome)...despite my usual open mindedness about games....

Seconded. The style and trip-out speeches made it well worth the time playing, despite the fact that the gameplay itself wasn't always that rewarding.

Well, I loved Killer7. And I didn't notice a problem with the voice acting, beyond the usual problems that come with American voice acting for Japanese games. (Over the top and silly.) But that's so standard now, it can hardly be called a problem.

And I didn't notice a problem with the voice acting, beyond the usual problems that come with American voice acting for Japanese games. (Over the top and silly.) But that's so standard now, it can hardly be called a problem.

That doesn't quite follow. It's still a problem even if it's part of an epidemic.

That doesn't quite follow. It's still a problem even if it's part of an epidemic.

True. Perhaps I should have said "not a problem for me, since I've gotten used to it."