Spaff

"Rhythm Paradise"

Hmm, that and a bitGenerations game (dotstream most likely) could be nice import package.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/brij/movie/index.html

A mad rythm based wario ware type thing for GBA. It has 40 unique challenges

That looks suuuuuperb - can't wait to pluck my own hairy onions! :chaste:

Hmm, that and a bitGenerations game (dotstream most likely) could be nice import package.

I finally got to play dotstream yesterday, and it's great.

When does this "Rhythm Tengoku" game come out? I must import it. Import and love.

EDIT: Hmmm... playasia says August 3. I may need to order that. Soon.

Heh, I just heard from my editor that this is my preview for the upcoming [N]Gamer. Better start downloading that ROM then :shifty:

Oh, I think it's pretty neat that I get to preview the game, it's just that we have to do it with ROM's, which then is pretty :shifty:

Maybe it's the keyboard control where there should be Gameboy buttons, but this is hard as nails. I can barely get passed the third mini-game where a drill sergeant shouts Japanese orders which we have to meticulously recreate.

Well, it should be at my house within a week now, so I can let you know what it's like with buttons if you want...

Haha! You grossly underestimate the tightness of deadlines ;)

Buy yourself a USB 360 pad; it makes up a considerable amount of the distance between using a keyboard and actually playing on a Game Boy.

Got this today. All I can say is; those year's of beat-matching as a DJ have not paid off... ;(

On the plus side it's utterly hilarious being shit, especially the game where you're the third in a trio of afro-wearing clapping monkeys. If you mis-time your claps during the performance, the other two monkeys scowl at you something rotten!

A Wario Ware like game... with rythm?

Thank God I recently got the DK bongoes...

Let's hope it's as easy as Donkey Konga too! ;(

Doubtful. Have you played Ouendan? From what I've read, they're on about the same level. Can't say for myself yet, but hopefully early next week.

On the rom I used for emergency previewing, I couldn't get passed the marching (toy?) soldiers. Maybe it was the keyboard, but I couldn't stay in rhythm.

On the rom I used for emergency previewing, I couldn't get passed the marching (toy?) soldiers. Maybe it was the keyboard, but I couldn't stay in rhythm.

No, I had to work quite hard to get past that one too. It's worth persevering though; the final stage of the first 'level' is a mashup constructed from all the games you played earlier, and the tune is insanely catchy.

Tip: Time your button presses so that they end - i.e. are fully depressed - on the beat, rather than starting your button presses as the beat starts. Feels a bit prescient to begin with, but you get used to it and it becomes more instinctive than generally mashing away when you guess you should.

I'm a few games further at this point, but it's definitely getting harder quite quickly.

Got it this morning. So fun. Dunno if it was entirely worth the $40 + shipping, but then again, I've only played through the first two stages (stages being a set of 5 + the remix. Haven't started the third set) yet. Definitely inspired by Made in Wario. The art is spot on. Not as hard as I've been led to believe, but then again, I play a lot of rhythm games. In terms of portable rhythm games, harder than Daigassou, not as hard as Ouendan or Gitaroo Man. Lots of goodness to be had here if you really like either Warioware or rhythm games.

Apologies for bumping this, but has ANYONE managed to get a "Perfect" heart? I've only managed to get one for the Baseball Lambada game. I almost had one for the Hairy Onion one, and then I stuffed up at the second last hair.

ARGH.

(And what do these hearts DO, anyway? Is it just to boast and say "God, I'm awesome."?)

I've got a whole bunch of 'em. Hang on a second.

After checking my gameboy, I have 16 perfect hearts. Including one on each of the first 4 remixes. Just takes some practice, man. I think once you get 'em all, you unlock something. Dunno what yet, but I'm determined to find out. 32 stages left to get perfect. There are some that I've cleared perfectly, just without the "P-heart" thing prompting me to do so. These unfortunately do not give you a p-heart, no matter how perfect you were.