Tanukitsune

I need some help with video editing / recording?

I found some old promo tapes with old Sega, Nintendo and Sony ads (in Spanish though) and I want to put them on YouTube so the world can see them, but...

I have a very old PC TV card, and whenever I record more than 15 mintues, the audio and video aren't syncronized at all...

Do I need better software or better hardware? Or both?

Here's hoping that that time hasn't damaged the tapes! ;(

i never put movies together (only split them) but i guess it's possible to put them together that no one notices. i'd give it a try.

If you record them in overlapping segments you could make the transition without anyone noticing.

But to answer your question, yeah.. it's your computer. Wouldn't know which part of it, though.

DScaler seems to able to record for a long time without a delay, but now I have to find a codec that compresses it better, 40 minutes ended up being 2Gigs...;(

I tried Xvid, DivX and Huffyuv, they all crashed while recording, but the Cinepack Codec seems to have done the trick!

Let's hope the old tape still work!

Are you trying to encode the movie on the fly? That only works if you have a beast of a machine I think. You're better of re-encoding it afterwards...

Yeah, you need to do a capture run (in this case, several) and rework the files afterwards and then compress them. This will mean you have to have quite a bit of free disk space, as raw footage takes a lot of place.

Ah, that explains a lot, but DScaler only records TV, I don't think it can re-encode, so I'll need some new software for that? :erm:

Look for Virtualdub.

Hmm, any tips for using this? I just recorded an old Sega an and it takes 26 Gigs and after trying to use VirtualDub it ended up being 24 Gigs!:erm:

VirtualDub is just software, you need to install encoder codecs for the specific codec you want to use. It is a bit hard to use, granted. I haven't enough experience to really advice you. Look for a manual or something.

Oh well, I'll figure something out...

Oddly enough, after adding the Divx and Xvid codecs and trying to use them, they crashed and somehow dissapeared?:erm:

Ok... After all my work to reduce the file to decent size, YouTube say it's TOO long!

Does Google Video allow longer files?:erm:

More like a 5 part show...

I've turned the orignal AVI file into 5 smaller ones which I will turn into Divx and then YouTube them, since I don't know how to split Divx files...

The thing is, I have about 20 VHS with promo stuff from games, and the simple thought of doing this 20 times is... :fart:

I could either get Director Account in YouTube (they want all my info :eek: ) or simply put them on Google Video...

EDIT: Google Video doesn't accept Divx files....:frusty:

I guess putting them in parts is my only option! :bomb:

ok... that was odd... Especially since I hardly udnerstood any of it :)

Did you inform uk resistance yet?

Do you think they will care? It is in Spanish...:erm: