Tommy Gun

I need original music! Are any of you in bands? Or...

...do you make music yourself? I want to start putting some videos (gameplay, etc.) up on CRG, but I need some theme/intro music first. If any of you have some original music that I can use I'll put you/your band in the credits, and any of your links on my site. I'm desperate! ;( I've been searching everywhere and it's all crap! ...but I am pretty picky about the style of the music. :shifty:

Please post links to wherever I can hear your stuff. :tup:

If you want to use music in non-commercial projects you can always dig into magnatune

The music is available under the Creative Commons license: Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 1.0

I've seen magnatune before, but I just checked it out again. So far I really don't like anything (the stuff I do like isn't the right tempo, etc.). I'll keep trying though. You can use it for commercial stuff if you pay, and it's not terribly expensive so I'll pay if I find something good.

Soundclick has a bunch of real bands (meaning I can't use it)! Even with "unsigned" in the search, real bands are still listed. Plus, tons of those songs are covers! Argh.

This is so frustrating.

Soundclick has a bunch of real bands (meaning I can't use it)! Even with "unsigned" in the search, real bands are still listed. Plus, tons of those songs are covers! Argh.

This is so frustrating.

why can't you use the music of real bands?

i also had to invest a little time till i found musicians transferring music in the style i imagined (and using non-covers of course). their reactions to my requests (such as "am i allowed to use your track in my non-commercial project?") were all friendly, some even grateful.

Well I'm talking about famous, signed, bands. The chances of me contacting them, getting a reply, and getting permission to use their music for free, is pretty much zero.

It's not a commercial project, but just in case I ever want to sell DVDs, or something, I want to be on the safe side.