Lechimp

The Amazing Screw-On Head

Black Books, which was the IT-crowd's predecessor somewhat. Bill Bailey is magnificent!

Ha! The first episode of Black Book is fantastic. I also just watched the first episode of Nathan Barley. I accidentally watched the second episode first last night, and didn't think it was all that great. But, having seen the first episode now, I think I'll watch the rest of the show. Quite funny.

argh the IT crowd :(

It was terrible Cry cry cry

British win:

Go and watch the Day Today, Bass Eye, Spaced, Big Train, Nighty Night, Greenwing, Father Ted errrm god knows.... too many... brain exploding.

I'm assuming there's no need to mention The Office as everyone knows that's great. Peep Show has really grown on me and is now one of my favorites.

Just watched The Mighty Boosh s2 (which Nick showed at Spaff's like half a year ago now I think?) and it's really good if you enjoy surreal humor.

s1 seems to be utter shit so far though. ;(

Loved this pilot. A shame the Sci-Fi channel optioned it and not a higher-quality network.

Series one is actually better and more structuerd. It is based on the radio series by the same name.

Enjoy marek, enjoy.

I just watched the first episodes of The IT Crowd and Brass Eye. Both appear to be quite awesome. Could you guys recommend any other great British comedies?

• Father Ted; Graham Linehan's most revered work--every episode is an absolute scream
  • The Office; the original UK version is modern British comedy at its best
  • Spaced; Simon Peg's most-excellent small screen uber-geek series

I would also recommend The League of Gentlemen if it weren't for the fact that the quality of writing dive-bomb's after the first series--directly in proportion to how much the production budget grows. You could always watch the first I suppose, but the temptation to watch the second - and possibly then the third - might ruin your appreciation of some seriously pitch black colloquial English humour.

Obviously that's a very small selection, but it's pretty varied regarding themes so you should be able to find something else in there you like too.

Just watched The Mighty Boosh s2 (which Nick showed at Spaff's like half a year ago now I think?) and it's really good if you enjoy surreal humor.

s1 seems to be utter shit so far though. ;(

Yeah, I was going to ask about that. I read that it was supposed to be good, but I wasn't particularly crazy about the first episode. Anyone watched Jam? The first episode was bizarre, to say the least.

It's funny, the thing that struck me the most when I watched the first episode of Father Ted was a painting that was hanging on one of the walls. It was of a girl in a red cape, she looks a little like an oriental little red riding hood, holding a flower. Nothing special, but my brother bought the exact same painting at a garage sale last summer and currently has it hanging up in his apartment above his desk. Weird. It's not a well known painting or anything, is it?

I've watched the first season of The Mighty Boosh and am about half-way through the second. I have to admit that I agree with Spaff -- I like the first season more. Why aren't they at the zoo anymore? I want more Bob Fossil!