Lechimp

The Amazing Screw-On Head

http://www.scifi.com/amazingscrewonhead/

Please fill out the form and say that it's awesome, this show needs to be picked up and replace the current shit that's on the Sci-Fi channel, stuff such as ECW Wrestling and its made for tv movies. I guess they're also going to play Dark Place (another brilliant show) on the Sci-Fi channel, which has an episode you can watch on their website as well.

Wow!! This is awesome! It's amazing how well they duplicated Mignola's art style. I love Mike Mignola. This better get picked up. Also, are they really going to be airing Darkplace? Sweet. Hopefully it'll get a region 1 dvd release then, so I can get rid of the crappy versions I have.

WHOA !!!

Well maybe not that good, but it was still great. David Hyde Pierce went over the top a bit much as Emperor Zombie, but besides that the voice acting was fantastic. His voice is a good fit though.

The visuals are definitely the best part, with some simply amazing work at bringing Mignola's art to life. Potential avatar material throughout, pretty much.

If this were for the Fox network, Fox rule no. 1 would apply: anything that's any good will immediately be cancelled. But since it's the sci-fi channel...

But alas, I don't live in the states, so I'll just have to hope there's a DVD coming with much more deliciousness of this sort, very soon. Faithful translation of Mignola's style by the way! I love his subtle colours.

Absolutely fan-tastic!

Brilliant writing, superb timing, and a gorgeous 'rough' look to the artwork. "It's all kinds of awesome," as I'm sure the youth of today might quip.

On the survey, my 'character' question was regarding Screw-On Head. I chose 'Excellent' and wrote the following reasons why:

Very charismatic, likeable, and therefore very easy for the audience to bond with.

Unfortunately, I don't watch the Sci-Fi Channel here in the UK either, so pinning my hopes on a DVD release also.

WHOA !!!

Well maybe not that good, but it was still great. David Hyde Pierce went over the top a bit much as Emperor Zombie, but besides that the voice acting was fantastic. His voice is a good fit though.

I found his voice acting perfect. Damn, I would so buy this pilot on DVD if just to get this show on the air.

Yeah, I actually thought it was spot on as well. Wouldn't change a thing. And ohh man, a DVD release... I need it.

I just found the way he presented the character really predictable and sometimes annoyingly over the top. I think it would be better if he held back, just slightly (as it's still an animated show about a magical head that sockets nicely into premade bodies).

That may be a matter of relativity: I'm used to Invader Zim. In comparison, Emperor Zombie is a piece of subtle underacting =)

Oh man, Zim's a classic. Also, this looks like it could be as good or better.

Don't make that comparison, man. Underground cartoons that make it onto network tv need to stick together. That said, Zim is long dead, and this thing hasn't been born yet. Don't jinx it...

I think this'll probably be better than sliced bread and millions of DVDs.

<----- (points to avatar) Don't suggest superiority to Zim. Still, great show and would totally buy a DVD. It could sit next to the Zim box set.

* Mike Mignola

* Bryan Fuller

* Portrait of Abraham Lincoln with rapidly rotating mouth slot to simulate talking.

If this doesn't get picked up I will be very sad.

The whole time I was watching it I was thinking that there's no way this could possibly get picked up ever. I really really hope it does though.

You guys do know that two Hellboy animated movies are being made, right? Apparently they're going to air on cartoon network and then be released on dvd. Here's the blog of the guy who's in charge of the project. There should be a trailer of the first movie out soon. I hope they are able to nail the Mignola look as well as The Amazing Screw-On Head did.

The Hellboy animated stuff is using a slightly different character designs and visual style than Mignola's comics, at least from what I read/saw a few months back.

From what I see on that blog it seems quite different. I'm clinging to the fence on this one, let's first see it. After seeing what a direct translation can do, I'm skeptical on any and all deviation. But it may yet be good, let's first see.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/april06/learner900402.php

deanlearner.jpg

Channel 4 has commissioned a new series from the creators of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

The new series, Man to Man with Dean Learner, focuses on Garth’s manager, publisher and publicity agent, as played by Richard Ayoade.

Makers Avalon Television said: ‘Nightclub owner, restauranter, publisher, international playboy - Dean Learner is a one-man brand.

‘After his co-funded Channel 4 television hit Garth Marenghi's Darkplace he now invites you into his luxury penthouse flat for an all-new, entertaining and immensely stylish TV talk show.

‘Man to Man with Dean Learner will feature all Dean's remaining celebrity friends, as well as plenty of live music and fine fish-dish cuisine in a show that reeks of class - but not fish!’

Six episodes are to be recorded at Teddington Studios next month (May), and free audience tickets are available from www.tvrecordings.com

The show, which also features Matthew Holness, is expected to air later this summer.

Does this mean there won't be another IT crowd season? ;(

Awesome to see Dean Learner in action again, but I rather liked the IT crowd...

Does this mean there won't be another IT crowd season? ;(

I'd be stunned if this were the case. Watching the popularity of The IT Crowd, from day-one, spread like wildfire globally from here in the UK was quite phenomenal. Channel 4 also paid a small fortune to promote the show across the country beforehand, via billboards, bus stop posters and numerous TV ad clips.

I would imagine Graham Linehan is busily writing the second series right now to be honest. The DVD release of the first series is finally out in October and I'm sure Channel 4 are expecting to shift a massive number of copies, which they likely will (and rightly deserve to).

And, besides, it's not like Richard Ayoade's sat on his hands until The IT Crowd started filming; witness the thoroughly brilliant Nathan Barley, another biting, computer geek-themed sitcom involving the seminal Chris Morris (this time as co-writer rather, than distinctly unhinged company CEO).

I just watched the first episodes of The IT Crowd and Brass Eye. Both appear to be quite awesome. Could you guys recommend any other great British comedies?