Oath

Team Fortress 2 and Portal

..so I shot him full of syringes and headed for the nearest dispenser.

I hope they eventually implement it so that the syringes stay on the body you shoot. That would look hilarious..

RW: We still haven’t got it so the needles stick in the body, and we really want to recreate that Indiana Jones pin-cushion guy. So you come around the corner and there’s a corpse with a hundred needles in his back. They stick in the world right now, but not other people.

I hope they eventually implement it so that the syringes stay on the body you shoot. That would look hilarious..

It certainly would, but also quite "dark"... ;(

What about the medic ? In the last few months I've fallen for Enemy territory (Not Quake Wars) because the medic is a 100% support class which doesn't need to be skilled at fraging but rather need to have a good analysis skills... is it the same in TF2 ?

The ET medic is a solo playing rambo self healing bastard compared to the medic from TF2. If you play ET long enough you'll grow more than tired of those rambo medics running around not caring about the objective. This is absolutely not the case with TF2. Since the medic can't heal himself and has very limited offensive capability.

Yeah, the TF2 Medic is probably the purest kind of medic I've seen in an FPS yet, with them almost always doing nothing but heal. Their gun is okay for making escapes and such (ie: if the guy(s) they were healing die(s)), but it's practically useless as a proper offensive tool.

Almost a comical contrast to the TFC medic, which was basically an all-purpose offensive class that could fly across the entire map; heal itself; eliminate anything with its shotgun, grenades, and ultra-accurate nail gun; move fast as hell; and of course infect people, making them lose five or so points of health every few seconds until they die.

I loved playing as the Medic in TFC, but man did it feel wrong. Nobody really actually healed people, and they were probably the most effective flag grabbers ever. Probably the definition of 'overpowered' and I routinely ended up dying less than handful of times in a whole game (along with other Medic aficionados).

Yup, the TF2 medic is well balanced. Teams with no medics usually suffer for it. Also even though the syringe gun is weak, their bonesaw is a pretty nifty melee weapon.

Still it would be nice to see the readdition of either the infection or hullucination mechanic (drug grenades were my favourite in Quake Team Fortress, what with the phantom sounds and explosions all around you).