Carlius

What do you think will happen in the middle east?

It is not an original idea, but it's been tried in the western world time and again. No one ever quite pulled it off, but maybe one of these days! We can only hope!

:knoweverything:

I wonder whether the US will get tired of Israel someday and stop supporting them, today it's not very likley but when their economy (with borrowed chinese money) can't support all the wars , their might be some restraints.

Talking about politics with your friends when you're drunk is way more constructive than internet debate. A gaming forum is no the right place for it.

As one who has just returned from talking politics with friends while drunk, I must concur. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must hydrate before sleep to prevent hangover.

I just hope Syria wont get directly involved - and for purely egoistic reasons, I'm going there for a 1½ month dig.

Well either we'll see some kind of cease fire and things will get better until it goes down in flames again in a couple of years. Else - all hell will break loose and there will be a regional war.

I don´t think America is some kind of hero country. I don´t think that getting involved in resolving world events for a selfish personal advantage constitutes being a hero. :oldman:

Didn't Isreal just 'accidentally' bomb a UN building? I also saw footage of Libanese hordes storming western embassies and massive bombardments of towns. Israel is being a dick.

Yes. Then they bombed an apartment building killing 60 civilians, half of them children. But it's okay, Israel is only defending itself :shifty:

I guess the outcome will be same as in 1996 when Israel had to pull out from Lebanon after a failed campaign. It seems like the war on terror isn't going anywhere....

Yes. Then they bombed an apartment building killing 60 civilians, half of them children. But it's okay, Israel is only defending itself :shifty:

I haven't been following the news much, but I was disgusted to hear last week that two Israeli helicopter gunships strafed a couple of Red Cross ambulances. The ambulances were apparently rushing casualties away from the area the helicopters had just been pummelling with rocket fire, and were deliberately followed and then fired upon by the helicopters.

Of course, those ambulances could have been stolen by Hesbolah militants, who might have been using them as mobile rocket stations against the ingressing Israeli helicopters...

And that's the trouble with wars like this; you'll never truly know what's happening at ground level.

Jews are allowed to be dicks to other peoples because they were raped by the Germans a generation ago. They're insane bully right now, let them have their fun.

Wasn't that actually more like, three generations ago? But I get your point, you're trying to be provokingly ironic.