Carlius

What do you think will happen in the middle east?

Due to the recent Israeli attacks I've been thinking even more about what will happen in the middle east. It seems like we are living in an escalationphase where nothing can stop the alienation between the muslim and western world.

This both troubles me and makes me sad. It's so frustating that the U.S is behaving like they do, since they have always been the "heros" in my western view of the world. I know very well that this is naive and nowadays not even the case. Still I believe that the world is better of if the Americans win, now that they already are there, and by that I mean the iraqi and the afgan war.

This is also pointed out by the french intellectual Bernard-Henri Lévy and since he seems like he's the only french intellectual that isn't a communist or left-wing fanatic I might consider his ideas as perhaps realistic. Check him out at Wikipedia if you like.

Both the Israeli-Palestine and the Israeli-Lebanon conflicts are even worse, since many people don't have the strength or will to care about it any longer.

I could make this post much longer but then you wouldn't read it.

What will happen?

I think there will be a sequel to American's next game: Bad Day Gaza Strip

Why?:shifty:

Uhh..

seriousforums7kg.png

Maybe you should focus more on the forums and less on "news".

Oh man haha. An amazing non-existent forum.

I honestly can't tell whether you hated or loved it.

Serious stuff:

It's really, really depressing and I find both sides at fault. Israel for running some deplorable tactics against Palestine and being general assholes at select times and the Palestinians for continously striking back (I guess the same should be said for Lebanon. Didn't they learn from Egypt's mistake the last time around?).

In short: disco sucks, fuck everything.

Uhh..

seriousforums7kg.png

Maybe you should focus more on the forums and less on "news".

Well well.....I guess this is not time to be political correct

:getmecoat

Odd... when I go to the forum, I don't get that one.

Anyhow, I think that Israel is going to take more of Palestine. Palestine's refusal to accept Israel as a nation, and their ignoring of the cease fire has gone on for too long.

The main problem with the U.S. in Iraq is that there's really nothing to "win."

We can't pull out, because it is possible that their government would collapse, and we can't "win," because we're fighting ideas as much as people.

LMAO!

:woohoo::gaming::nodance:

:period::broken::campbell:

:waluigi::teddy:

Seriously though, we're all doomed. This shit has built up for way too damn long for it to be solved by almost anything other than the complete erradication of one side. That ain't happening, and definitely not peacefully, so it'll all implode on its own time.

We can always hope for an alien invasion to unite the masses

Yes, like in Alien Nation. And the alien's weak point will be their arm pits because that's where their genitals are. Or was that the knee? Or was that just Star Trek VI? I don't know.

But that said, if it was written today, the Book of Revelations would be a sci-fi tale of an alien power coming down from the sky on a giant, golden spaceship saving us in our hour of need.

You know, I actually, for a smidgen of a second, believed there might be something of worth in this thread. Instead it's filled with a bunch of school children.

If this was post 9/11 would you all be making the same stupid comments, or is it just because it's occuring in a non-English speaking nation that you don't care?

If this was post 9/11 would you all be making the same stupid comments, or is it just because it's occuring in a non-English speaking nation that you don't care?

It still is post 9/11.

And I don't see what this has to do with a non-English speaking nation. I live in a non-English speaking nation.

And why would there be anything of worth in this thread.

Subjects like this are only fuel for flamewars.

There have been a few sincere opinions posted, I threw one in there myself, but like elmuerte pointed out; this would be a ripe topic for flames and trolling. Take a look at similar threads on other forums and notice how they always turn to namecalling and accusations within the page.

That you take unwillingness to discuss a current event as racism is pretty disturbing, but I don't think this is the right place to talk about that. If you really feel that these forums would benefit from delving into the complex beast that is international politics then go right ahead and I will respond.

There have been a few sincere opinions posted, I threw one in there myself, but like elmuerte pointed out; this would be a ripe topic for flames and trolling. Take a look at similar threads on other forums and notice how they always turn to namecalling and accusations within the page.

That you take unwillingness to discuss a current event as racism is pretty disturbing, but I don't think this is the right place to talk about that. If you really feel that these forums would benefit from delving into the complex beast that is international politics then go right ahead and I will respond.

Thunderpeel's post brings up an interesting post though: only when the youth on both sides of the conflict are apathetic enough -more interested in tomfoolery than slaughter- can there be a resolution. Sloppy materialism and star-worship (Fiddy > Allah) seem the order of the day, not silly war.

And if you say: "No! The Sheik's won't let it happen, they'll bomb every McDonald's they see!" I say unto thee: "New Balance, Muthafucka!"

O my god, that's a thought! I never thought I'd see the day where apathy is good for something! Of course, that doesn't help with a conflict that's going on elsewhere, and usually (whenever there's a religious or dogmatic reason for war), one side's apathy is cause for the other side to believe they're right (I'm betting that the Islamic fundamentalists look upon our liberal society and see our having freed ourselves of the shackles of the church as a sign that Christianity was a fad from the beginning and they were right).

I would say that the forums would benefit if there were more serious stuff posted but then again I'm not the most active person here so I should not judge whether if it is approriate or not,

anyway I have been watching a lot of CNN the last two weeks since german television sucks, so I've been following the crisis very carefully.

The reason why I posted was because I felt so frustrated by the fact that I really can't think of any way for the crisis to end and I wanted know if someone here had the slightest idea what they could do.

You'd better take this man seriously, Carlius.

I've just read a book that explains the history and future of the universe. I understand that. But I don't understand politics at all ;) Well, it's a complicated thing. I think people will get nowhere as long as there are ulterior motives lying behind everything and simple honesty is a thing that does not enter the minds of leaders everywhere.

So people will never get anywhere, then? Let's face it, dishonesty is not only an essential part of human life, it's also something of a survival mechanism. While I'd agree that it's overused, it's never been any different. Every country has conflicting interests, so hiding the fact that pursuing your goals may impede someone else is necessary. Honesty may be noble, but it's completely tactically unsound.

The middle east has never been stable for more than a couple of years at a time, and I don't see why they should start now. The only difference is that the guns keep on getting bigger. Peace may be the only way we're going to survive with our current tech, but it doesn't stand a chance. War has simply got too much momentum. I can't see this finally being resolved in any way short of a total catastrophe that wipes out the region. For this incident in particular, we're probably going to see either a UN or coalition force head in, tell both sides to take a time out, and then bugger off again. The cycle begins anew.

You'd better take this man seriously, Carlius.

I know....I been browsing the forum for years (back at AG too) but I've never been very active.