Spaff

What are you playing today?

What game are you going to play today?

I might grab some DS time, and slip in new SMB, I still need to do the last world, and world 4. Possibly I might start on brain training or metroid prime as i got those but havent relaly played them yet.

If I can be arsed I'll load up one of the pc games I'm currently playing: Hitman BM, Kotor 2 and I still havent got through Halflife2 ep1, I got a bit bored half way through tbh.

Okay, nobody is allowed to harrass anybody else for what games they're playing... ¬¬

I randomly decided to play FFVIII today, actually. I'm quite enjoying my current task of defeating 22 Tonberries in order to piss off the King of Tonberries ¬¬¬¬ Also I just defeated Odin in two minutes, he didn't even get a chance to hit me once... loser...

there are no new games on console that particularly interest me right now, so later I'll probably start a Resident Evil game I haven't completed... there are two, somewhere... but I'm sort of torn because I'm going to cornwall for a week and I won't be able to bring the GameCube... so I don't want to start playing something that I'll be addicted to and crave all next week... I'm so torn...

The other day I found a cheap, brand new copy of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (Lucifer's Call in Europe for some reason) and started playing it. It's been really long since I touched a turn-based RPG, much less a japanese one, so it's all very refreshing for the time being.

It's a pretty cool game, even if a little hard. I'm still at the start since I got distracted for a bit, but I'll continue playing later tonight.

I guess I really shouldn't have bought a game that takes a two-digit number of hours to complete. I have so many games still left over, half-finished, used and abused, left for dead or any other way of saying "abandoned".

I already played a little bit of Phoenix Wright today. I will most likely play New Super Mario Bros too, time to go to that castle in World 3 and hunt few remaining stars from W1 and W2.

I'm bored with pc gaming, so none of that today or tomorrow.

I've played a bit of KoL And I think I'll go play some enemy territory later on today. Nothing special really.

There's recently been a new patch for W40K: Dawn of War - Winter Assault. So I'll be playing some of that once I finish up at work. This makes me happy, as I love the game but I kind of slowly stop playing and then suddenly remember it exists when i patch is released.

Later I'll probably carry on with Phoenix Wright, as I still haven't completed it. And it's good.

Yesterday, I played some Ridge Racer 6, Geometry Wars (I was on such a roll and then I died three times in half a minute. God damnit), and Tomb Raider Legend.

TRL is OK, but one sequence pissed me the hell off. You start and you get a cinematic. Lara is running from something. Then it cuts to that something's stylized point of view as it is coming for Lara. The cinematic ends but it's not obvious that it does. Thing catches up to Lara, Lara screams, loading screen comes up.

Then I realize I'm at my last checkpoint. WTF.

So I go through that whole sequence in the end and I hit jump to see if I do have control. I do! Ok, so where to I go now? Maybe thi--too late. Dead.

Now I have to do it again!:pan:

Damned attempts at being "cinematic" -- how about trying to be a "game" first? The rest of it was OK though.

Today I am playing Makai Kingdom on the PS2 which arrived yesterday. It's a turn-based tactical RPG along on the same lines as FF Tactics, Shining Force or Disgaea. I'm also checking in on my Animal Crossing town now and then (It is La-Di-Da Day today) and also hitting Blackrock Spire in World of Warcraft for phat l3wt.

I would be playing The Settlers II demo, but the damn thing keeps crashing as soon as I try and build a farm. ;( Nothing like 100% reproducible bugs making it through QA to ruin your day.

GERMANY WON!

So no gaming today anymore! Woot!

On a lightweight RPG catch-up at the moment having finally picked up a copy of Knights of the Old Republic 2 this week, along with The Minish Cap.

KotOR2 must be the buggiest "professional" release I've ever played, even tripping over left-in developer debugging at one point early on, simply because I hadn't spoken to one character before a particular scripted scene kicked in--dreadful. But it's engrossing and much less of a slog than the original game so far; I think I'm more likely to finish this one. Obsidian definitely copied BioWare's homework though, with so many aspects of the early game echoing the first adventure. :frusty:

Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap is a stark contrast, as it's obviously been polished with the freshly-squeezed essence of many cute fluffy things before leaving Nintendo Towers. :barf:

Oh, and Mario Kart DS is all-but-glued into my DS Phat at the moment, too...

At the moment, I'm finishing off Tamagotchi Connexion: Corner Shop (I love that you get to drill cute little monsters' teeth and inject anasthetic). Also playing Mickey's Speedway USA for Game Boy Color, and have LocoRoco sitting in my PSP about 1/4 played, so I probably should get back to that as well.

I'm busy as all hell today, so no gaming for me. Tomorrow I'm probably going to finish off my latest replay of Mario RPG: Legend Of The Seven Stars and then frantically check my mailbox to see if my Japanese copy of Gitaroo Man Live! has arrived yet. Of course, since it's Sunday, it won't have, but I'll still check. Then I may go back to trying to fix that audio bug in Freelancer. (Damn voices don't work. Everything else is fine...) All in all, a full day of gaming. Probably to be capped off with Guitar Hero and another level of Wario Land for Virtual Boy, although my stand is broken and lying on my back balancing the VB on my face to play is quite uncomfortable. This is why I can only play VB when I'm in bed. The trials I'll go through in the service of my hobby. :violin::shifty:

Finished HL2 Episode 1 recently, and, invoking the no-dissing clause implemented by Yufster, I have downloaded Space Empires IV Deluxe ("spreadsheets in spaaaaace!") from Steam and been playing it like mad thing.

I'm waiting for Civilisation IV Warlords because I seem to basically buy anything that franchise vomits forth (and because I hope to see some more variety in late-era units) and I have not got around to playing the Rise of Legends demo still, even though I am extremely curious about it (and I normally don't go in for RTSes).

Oh, and I played the Shadowgrounds in the hope that it would recreate my youthful fondness for Alien Breed but it didn't really - I can't decide if its less good or if I am just less enthused these days about games I played when I was 11.

EDIT: I totally forgot, since it seems to be part of my daily routine almost, but before I started on SEIVD I was playing the Europa Barbarorum mod for Rome Total War (go Casse!). It still interests me a lot more than the recent official expansion for it that Creative Assembly put out).

Just played Counter-Strike and was rubbish, so I'll wait 'til later to play it again. Glutton for punishment.

Battle For Middle-Earth II is charged and ready for a replay - hey, I bought the Collector's Edition and I'm going to damn well play it into the dirt. I know it's not got much game in there, but the game that is there is gonna be played!

Monkey Island 2 is a dead cert, mostly because I'm still Pirates of the Caribbean-jazzed and they took so much from it (Voodoo Lady in the swamp, cannibals, tiny pathetic little island with the ultimate treasure buried on it, Norrington dressed just like Guybrush...).

Call of Cthulhu I'm storming ahead on - surprised just how good it is, really!

Monkey Island 2 is a dead cert, mostly because I'm still Pirates of the Caribbean-jazzed and they took so much from it (Voodoo Lady in the swamp, cannibals, tiny pathetic little island with the ultimate treasure buried on it, Norrington dressed just like Guybrush...).

The only reason I think Ron Gilbert should be given a royalty check for the movie is the outrageous plot twists that are so very totally Monkey Islandish.

So far today i've played Loco Roco and DoD: Source. Will probably play some VF4 later tonight if i don't end up watching a movie.

Well it is a weekend after all.

Let's go with some Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney, Contra: Hard Corps and maybe, just maybe, if the wind is just right some King of the Dragons.

So far this weekend I've played a little Pikmin 2 (multiplayer) and failed to get enough sleep.

TRL is OK, but one sequence pissed me the hell off. You start and you get a cinematic. Lara is running from something. Then it cuts to that something's stylized point of view as it is coming for Lara. The cinematic ends but it's not obvious that it does. Thing catches up to Lara, Lara screams, loading screen comes up.

eek that sounds more like Space Ace / Dragon's Lair than Tomb Raider >_< I didn't play it that far.

Went away for the weekend so got to play lots of NSMB on the train, love it.

WoW sucks up the rest of my gaming time lately (apart from the odd guitar hero sesh whilst waiting for people to turn up for molten core).

I got the fifth item in my epic Tier 1 Prophecy set last night, w00t me!

I'm very slowly making my way through HOMMV, but mostly I've been playing Uno on XBL.

Don't laugh, it rocks. :deranged: