Sign in to follow this  
ysbreker

Warren specter interview

Eurogamer has a nice 2 part (part 1 part 2) interview with Warren Specter about game development.

Favorite quote for now:

Does anyone think all music should be aimed at the top of the Billboard charts? I sure don't want to live in a world where everyone sounds like Britney Spears... oh, wait, I already do... Anyway, you get my point...

I'm still munching through these, but thought I would chip in with another Looking Glass alumnus interview I came across at around the same time. Randy Smith (Part 1 Part 2) talks about Thief 1 through 3.

Reader warning: Interviewer has annoying habit of trying to push his opinion onto interviewee.

When is Idle Thumbs next doing another interview?? :getmecoat

Yeah, spotted the Eurogamer interview earlier, and while it contains some very well expressed opinions on Spector's part, it really suffers from not being longer. I wish they would have emailed him a batch of follow-up questions and also gotten him to type up some lengthier answers.

He seems to have a phobia of lengthy answers, though. He keeps commenting "Oh, this is a book!" All I can think is, "If only!"

He seems to have a phobia of lengthy answers, though. He keeps commenting "Oh, this is a book!" All I can think is, "If only!"

I think he was more worried about the readers having "a phobia of lengthy answers". Which sounds about right, judging by the attention span of most of the internet.

Cracking interview though. Worth checking out the interview Eurogamer did with Gabe Newell too ... here and here.

SiN

and...btw...his name is warren spector ;)

But Warren Specter is so much cooler

nice interview, thanks! :)

and...btw...his name is warren spector ;)

I even double checked after I wrote it like that. I could have sworn I saw it spelled 'Specter' on Eurogamer :/

Warren Spectre!

warrenspectre0fh.jpg

Yeah, sorry, but that's about as much work as I'm going to put in for an idea that crummy.

Notice how his glasses glow!