Aussie Ben

So they're releasing the first Sonic again...

...for GBA this time. But it's going to have the Spin Dash and a save feature now! Personally, I think this is pretty good - the only thing that bothered me about the original Sonic was the lack of spin dash. Here's hoping that they don't butcher the music - that would be a damn shame. Love Labyrinth Zone.

I mean, sure, I have Sonic 1 on the Mega Collection, but...Spin Dash! :tup:

I'm more excited about the save feature. The opening levels are great and everything, but I really don't need to play them EVERY DAMN TIME.

interesting... another remake of a classic...

the game industry is starting to become like the movie industry (wrt remakes)

Nice, but why just Sonic 1? Why not Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles? That'd be a perfect pack.

I'll probably still buy it. Any excuse.

Yeah, sadly I would too. Sad, because I already have both the Mega and Gems collections.

I've also got a Megadrive/Genesis and all of the original versions too. And all of them emulated.

Oh for the days when you could only buy Sonic on a Sega console... (nah)

Hey, if it has Spin Dash then it fixes the only problem I have about the first game of the series.

But, of course, I do own it on MegaDrive, that's enough for me.

The game is plenty fun without the spin dash, but I admit that when I returned to the game after playing the sequels, I kept trying to do it.

The game is plenty fun without the spin dash, but I admit that when I returned to the game after playing the sequels, I kept trying to do it.

I'm spoiled, I know.

It's still a great game, though. And what kickass music it has!

When I was a kid, Sonic had to trudge five miles through the snow just to get a double loop filled with rings. You kids today have it easy with your double dashes and fasty-fantastic special moves.

Marble Zone is what makes me stop playing everytime, it's sooo boring. So a save feature would be welcome. Otherwise, first sonic is the best one for me even without the spindash (never played Sonic Cd though). I can't stand all that sonic friends rubbish (Tails included:deranged: ).

And what kickass music it has!

still plays in my head from time to time...especially the Spring Yard Zone tune

I liked that in Sonic three player two could just control tails and fly you around and shit.

I liked that in Sonic three player two could just control tails and fly you around and shit.

You could do this in Sonic 2 as well.

interesting... another remake of a classic...

the game industry is starting to become like the movie industry (wrt remakes)

Except it's not a remake. It's a re-release. It's just Sonic 1 with a bonus move.

There have been retro throwback Sonic games for ages (since right after the GBA launch), so "remakes of classics" are old hat for Sonic.

Welcome to the forums. I must give you a friendly warning though. Watch what you say about Sonic around here. Most of us love the games an unhealthy amount, and not all are mentally stable. Some may even attempt to hunt you for sport for such transgressions as your previous post. :shifty:

a re-release? that game wasn't that good anyway! why bother?

You're entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong.

:cens0red: