I am pretty sure Kill la Kill is going for two seasons. And also if they ended it in another two episodes, I can't imagine how they'd tie up all the loose ends they've introduced. I mean even this last episode ended on a note that feels like it could be more than a few episodes all on its own, even with the unusually fast pace this anime moves at.

Even if it goes for two seasons, the end of season one should be around the corner.

Maybe this invasion will be the center of the next season?

But... we know who and why the Professor died, Satsuki says there are more secrets. It just feels like an end of chapter should happen.

Who knows, maybe Ryuko can beat up Nui in the next episode and Satsuki in the next? A whole new season would seem like stretching the show unless they do a tour of all Japan and defending other students, but this is the only place where they have these uniforms.

She beat nearly all the "Elite Four", so the rival battle should be around the corner, if you get what I mean.

Yep, Kyosougiga is the best show this season (along with  the second half of Monogatari Second season): it reminds of FLCL in its excellent ratio of crazyness to strong thematic albeit with slightly less bold theme. I really hope they manage to find a satisfying ending to it all... it sorts of disappoint me that they decided to introduce so much lore in the last episodes; it might be needed for the ending they chose, but it feels like resolutions didn't need any of it; or at least not introduced so obviously.

I've changed my mind and Kyousougiga might be my favorite anime this season. I finished it earlier today. I'm not sure if I like it or The Eccentric Family more. Also I might change my mind again if Kill la Kill finishes with a bang. I mean, a bang for Kill la Kill has gotta be like the BIG bang, right? WHO KNOWS?!

I started watching Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World). It's slow and deliberate and meandering and enigmatic and threatingly grim. These are qualities I like sometimes. I'm two episodes in. Do I like i here? I'm not sure. It's a full 25 episodes long. That's sorta offputting. WHO KNOWS?!

Also there's going to be a 60 minute Mushishi OVA airing January 4th!!! That's like my favorite anime of all time or something like that. I hope it's good! Should I read the manga? WHO KNOWS?!

I've changed my mind and Kyousougiga might be my favorite anime this season. I finished it earlier today. I'm not sure if I like it or The Eccentric Family more. Also I might change my mind again if Kill la Kill finishes with a bang. I mean, a bang for Kill la Kill has gotta be like the BIG bang, right? WHO KNOWS?!

I started watching Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World). It's slow and deliberate and meandering and enigmatic and threatingly grim. These are qualities I like sometimes. I'm two episodes in. Do I like i here? I'm not sure. It's a full 25 episodes long. That's sorta offputting. WHO KNOWS?!

Also there's going to be a 60 minute Mushishi OVA airing January 4th!!! That's like my favorite anime of all time or something like that. I hope it's good! Should I read the manga? WHO KNOWS?!

Wait there's a Mushishi OVA coming!?!

That news has pretty much ensured a very happy new year for me.

Its a long time since I read it but if I remember correctly the manga didn't add much that wasn't in the series and had a similar meandering pace(still worth reading though).

Shin Sekai Yori was a pretty decent series overall, thinking back in hindsight after having seen all 25 episodes it kinda needs to work they way it does, kinda reminds me of a good old fashioned 60's-70's American hard sci fi novel in someways despite it's very Japanese fixation with psychic powers etc.

Guess all the praise being lavished on Kyousougiga means I'm gonna have to make some time and give it a watch.

Why do some people like to watch cartoons even as they get older? Don't you get it? Cartoons are for children

I'm sorry you're not into animated stuff, but this is really failing to contribute to the discussion. It's fine to not like something, but there's no need to crap on others who do.

It amazes me that an adult (or someone who claims to be an adult) who plays video games would have that kind of opinion.

Basically what BenLuke said.

Yo guys I been watchin' Log Horizon. I know it's one of those "oops we're all in an MMO for real now how craaaaay cray!" but.

It's like really good man. Takes a few episodes to really get going (WHAT ANIME DOESN'T, GODDAMN), but I'm gettin' some serious Spice and Wolf vibes from this shit. Not in that it's all about trading (although there is some of that!), but in the way it presents and emphasizes planning and negotiation (separately and together).

This is one i was expecting to really hate, but it's taken some weird, interesting turns. It has been doing some surprising things with its tired, borrowed premise.

Also, Kyosougiga's finished up and it was absolutely the best show this season.

I know! I was also expecting to hate it. I'm really enjoying it though. Spice and Wolf also was the exact same thing. Wolf girl? Who likes that... Oh, wait, this is super great, what's happening. That they evoke similar feelings from me is just icing on the cake of cool coolville. Whatever.

I'm just super amused that it's considering the NPC's side of the story for the "trapped in an MMO" plot. You have a typical medieval kingdom that has become very concerned with these immortal, resurrecting adventurers ignoring existing political structures and banding together under their own alliances.

I don't think i'd call it great or anything, but i've had fun keeping up with it.

Disappearance of Yuki Nagato anime adaptation was briefly teased a couple weeks ago. I've spent a lot of time trying to pin down how I actually feel about it. Basically, I'm simultaneously:

• excited that I'll get to spend more time with Kyon, Haruhi, Mikuru, Koizumi, and even Yuki, who's turned into the most caricatured "shrinking violet waiting to be loved" in the spinoff,
  • curious how they'll adapt the manga, which has a really uneven pacing between slice-of-life romance and parallel universe hijinks,
  • and dreading the *!!moe~moe~kyun!!* that I know the show will be, even if they persuade KyoAni to make it.

Hayao Miyazaki has rescinded his retirement. Again. This is the seventh time he's said he was going to retire and then backed out of it.

Hayao Miyazaki has rescinded his retirement. Again. This is the seventh time he's said he was going to retire and then backed out of it.

Whaaaaat.

Just finished up Kyosougiga and it's a extremely easy to like series, I never felt it wasted my time, and although the characters weren't especially original they were all likeable enough.

It's like someone drew a Venn diagram of Kill La Kill & The Eccentric Family, managing to grab a lot of the good things but not quite ever hitting the high moments of either.

I'd still say it's definitely worth watching once but I don't think I'll ever feel the need to re-watch any episode.

Just finished Danganronpa (in one afternoon, thank you), and aside from basically reading wiki's for 20 minutes after to figure out a couple of things I kind of feel like my brains is leaking out of my ear.

Speaking of the aforementioned Titan, annoyed else slightly annoyed that the manga is monthly?

I finished The Eccentric Family, they left a few potholes, but I really enjoyed it despite them.

It's kinda hilarious that the tanuki fear the Fellow Fridays when humans don't believe in magic and their brain eventually convince themselves that something non-magical happened.

It's kinda silly that the tanuki can't transform while in cages, they just claim they have to "inner calm" even though you see one of them practically asleep in one later.

And Benten... I just don't know what to think of her, she ate the main protagonist's father, she's a capricious and kinda evil, but in the end she just switches sides and act like nothing happened? Why she simply returns to her master is never explained... I guess she's so capricious that she simply left the Fellow Fridays because she finds them boring? The whole series seems to revolve on being interesting and having fun.

All the thing you mention are why I love this series and its character development so much: though there is internal consistency in the universe and story, the characters are themselves profundly inconsistent. They are constantly betraying or stirring away from any 'life philosophy' they might have by both the different relationship they have with people and the flow of events. That's why the father resolved not to escape; or why the main character and Benten, who are chasing instant gratification in different ways, find themselves shouldering some significant responsibilities (in their case, it's because they care about some individuals much more than what they'd care to admit). The nice thing is that, the character still believe they are consistent.

Anime's are usually very thin on themes, or when they do, it's either buried under a huge amount of rubbish from genre codification or delivered very badly. Uchouten Kazoku is great because it exposes some fantastic questions about human subjectivity and the struggle to come to term with the mysterious choices of people that are close to you, but this isn't what the characters are focusing on or even aware off. They are part of a plot, or at least of unfolding of events, and we get to see these themes because we have a privileged point of view. And that's damn smar for any medium.

News to make everyone happy, but especially Twig: Mushishi gets a second season, starting April 2014!

I'm thirty-two episodes into Legend of Galactic Heroes. It's almost unsettling to watch something that's so staid and dated, yet still mostly engrossing. I figured a 110-episode anime about two military geniuses facing off at the climax of a 150-year war would be pretty predictable, but it isn't really, for reasons I haven't yet quantified.

Guys, KyoAni did Free! How can you not love that show? It created this:

As for Chuunibyou, i'm lead to believe it's mainly filler until the last couple of episodes, where it actually follows the plot of the book somewhat (which is in itself is stolen from a topic from 2chan)

Also watched the Space Dandy PV, which was both Dandy and in space. Felt like Cowboy Bebop in the Redline universe. Looking forward to the first episode muchly. I need to check out Kyosogiga.

Hells yes to more Mushishi.

MUSHISHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII madly frothing at the mouth

I started watching Attack On Titan and....

I just saw the "main character" die... Is there any point to this show apart for liking an character and then seeing it eating by a titan the next episode?

I know this show was dark, but seriously, I've seen horror movies less grim than this. :|

EDIT:

What the... Eren is.... What? Damn, you really got me now show!

Wow, my wife is a huge Mushishi fan. I've linked her this thread since I don't think she's seen this much Mushishi love on an english forum before.

Anybody watched anything from the Winter Season? It all looks a bit lame imo. I watched Space Dandy, and that was excellent. Any suggestions?