Most of the things that i've seen are on that list, but I can not believe you haven't seen 'Welcome to the NHK!'. In my opinion that show is a masterpiece, you owe it to yourself to watch it immediately.

I finished it and thought it was pretty all right. I dunno if I would call it a masterpiece! It seemed to drag its feet quite a bit on more than one occasion, but then in others, it would hit the fast forward button. Pacing was really weird.

It also took me a while to really get what the show was trying to do, but once I caught on, it was much more enjoyable.

Thumbs up overall.

I started Kaiba and it seems pretty cool, too.

Hey dudes, and etc. I like the Japanimations. They are fun. Here's a list of all the embarrassing shit I've watched over the ten or so years I've been watching anime.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av_3scf2ITGzdDJhLVN3bFhIbkg5LTg5clhRSGJkVkE&hl=en_US

I heard from a friend that Black Lagoon got some five episode continuation recently, last year maybe? Ok, seems Wikipedia is calling it "a third season".

I have to see that someway, the first two seasons were quite fun.

I heard from a friend that Black Lagoon got some five episode continuation recently, last year maybe? Ok, seems Wikipedia is calling it "a third season".

I have to see that someway, the first two seasons were quite fun.

Whaaaaaaaat?

I had not heard of this now I need to see it.

I'm currently in the middle of writing 15,000 words on fansubbing. Watching Azumanga Daioh (or, failing that, watching

over and over) is all that's saving me from complete mental meltdown*.

*Some would say that watching the Azumanga Daioh opening credits over and over is a symptom of a complete mental meltdown.

I would argue that watching 99% of anime is a symptom of complete mental breakdown, so don't listen to me.

I'm currently watching 'Blade Of The Immortal' as it airs on TV here, seems like a stupid but enjoyable enough show so far. It's a lot of super stylized violence interspersed with dudes talking about samurai shit.

Anyone been watching the new Lupin III series? It's pretty great. I am enjoying it quite a bit, as a casual fan of Lupin. It's more about Fujiko than it is about Lupin, though. This series takes place before any other piece of Lupin fiction, before any of theusual gang really knows each other. Before Zenigata is driven mad by his inability to ever defeat Lupin.

Warning: boobs.

The first episode was about Fujiko meeting Lupin. The second, about her meeting Jigen. And finally the third about her meeting Goemon.

I thought we'd get through a whole episode without seeing nips, but then Goemon decided to cut Fujiko's clothes off in the last scene. I laughed. Totally necessary!

Next episode brings Lupin (and Zenigata!) back. I'm excited. :yep:

Funimation has been putting up the subs on their website for your streaming pleasure. How nice of them! http://www.funimation.com/lupin-the-third-fujiko-mine

I read that as "Warning: books."

I didn't even know there was a new series, but I love Lupin and while I haven't really watched anything anime in a really long time I'll check this out.

I didn't know either! Gotta check that out.

Lupin is great. I think anyone (who isn't against cartoons on principle) could probably get into Lupin.

I agree, although I tend to enjoy the suave, capable Lupin with the Green Jacket to the slightly more comical, bumbling Lupin with the Red Jacket. U:

Me too. If for nothing else, then for Castle Cagliostro.

Preferring the Miyazaki interpretation of a character may be a cop-out, but I don't care.

Cagliostro Lupin, while good, isn't really very Lupin.

I just meant in the context of my statement (which is what I assumed you were responding to), Cagliostro Lupin, even though he wears a green jacket, is not what I'm referring to when I say Green Jacket. Cagliostro Lupin is a lot more... concerned about this girl than Lupin would normally be. Sure, he might save the girl, but not in the same way? He cares too much, I guess? I dunno.

To clarify: I'm referring to the three different Lupin series (before this new one started), which consisted of Green, Red, and Pink Jackets in that order. The Red series is just a bit too goofy for my preference. But it's still good enough, so hey. (It's also over 150 episodes or something like that?)

The Legend of Korra has dispensed (mostly) with the "Adventure of Kids" idea of the original Avatar series, and is so far pretty cool. I really, really liked the idea of Kung-fu wizard ninjas but hated the main character and companions, and now it's even a steampunk 1920s type of thing.

I saw that it was in production a little bit back, but there weren't any details so I figured that it'd be a while before it actually turned into something. Interested to check it out.

I'd love to play that, but have no interest in reading it on a forum. It's probably not coming out here!

I agree with DIUM, unless you have a general preference against watching anime, I would believe that there would be something for everyone. I've watched anime ever since I watched Akira at the age of 8 and had no idea what was going on, but knew I liked what I was seeing.

Only mentioning the ones I've watched recently, I may be late to the party on this one but "Eden of the East" has been a great little series for me. Only 12 episodes long but it did very well to keep me intrigued from the first episode. Starting out I did initially think it was going to be silly and overly dramatic, but they did a great job in creating a mystery that unravels well in every episode. I don't know why, but ever since I watched the first two seasons of "Lost" (AND NOT A SINGLE EPISODE MORE) I always get the idea that if anything series based has a mystery, they are not going to let you know any real answers for a very long time. I just get surprised and elated when a show actually has good pacing.

I've just finished the first of the films, which was good, though lacked what the series contained until the last 20 minutes of so. Waiting on receiving the second film now and hopefully wrapping up the whole story.

I also just recently finished watching Gurren Lagaan..... yeah that's an easy one, I can't really recommend this to anyone. I wouldn't actually say it was bad but it is too saturday morning kids show to say it was good. Still I don't really go in for anything Mecha with exceptions being Full Metal Panic and Escaflowne but those are greatly due to the story, so it did well to make it past the first episode. What was strange is that it started out very humourous and then after around the 10th episode went kind of dark and very serious. Again I can't recommend it but I did watch it while playing Kingdoms of Amalur, so if you need background noise go wild.

The last recent anime is Sword of the Stranger, which was absolutely brilliant. Bare in mind I'm a sucker for Samurai, ronins and wandering swordsman, so given the fact that it contains a plot that has been seen enough to create its own genre, did nothing to ruin this for me. Kid needs to get from A to B, bumps into wandering swordsman who can help, kid is pursued by people who want to capture him. That's pretty much it, but it really is the inbetweens that aid to the film. If you're a fan of Ninja Scroll then I'll just say that the fights in this film were enough to make Jubei pause before jumping in.

That's my round up of all I've seen in the last month or two anyway.

Eden of the East

I saw a trailer for that and was intrigued but never got around to watching it. With a recommendation too, I think I'll make that priority.

The only thing I'm really watching at this point is Nichijou, which is probably one of the funniest things I've ever watched. Also, completely insane.

I like Space Brothers but I suspect this has more to do with the qualities of the original manga than those of the adaptation: apart from a few interestingly directed sequences, the pacing is pretty bad and the brotherly rivalry theme is layered so thick and so often it's sickening. The overused space musical theme doesn't help. I wish they got on with it to advance the plot and characters along.

I hadn't check anime TV Series since 2007, and boy, it's sad to see the media is even more stuck in industry-wide trope than back then. I'd say half a dozen of this season's series have an interesting core ideas but all of them fall into the high school romance genre and only a few seem capable of outgrowing that setting. Among them are Tsuritama - far from perfect, but I like the FLCL vibe - Kids on the Slope - a slow burner - and maybe Kyouka. Beside those, I'm really enjoying Folktale from Japan and Project Buta (not sure if it's a series)

I'm currently catching up on this 5 year gap and I'll probably post the best of what I found here. So far, 2 are standing out: Nisemonogatari - a pretentious as well as beautifully animated, written and directed series about the notion of fake/fraud (and way better than its prequel Bakemonogatari)- and Mononoke - 12 episode, 4 ghost/mystery stories.

I loved Bakemonogatari and I was told its sequel was NOT good in comparison.

BUH?!

I agree with DIUM, unless you have a general preference against watching anime, I would believe that there would be something for everyone.

Yes. It is pretty short-sighted to say "I don't like anime" when it's such a broad term that pretty much means "any animation that comes out of Japan", and said animation is so varied that unless you hate Japanese culture, it's probably impossible to never find something you don't like.*

Then again, I've interacted with people who claim to not like music - at all - so what do I know.

* I wonder if I could rewrite that statement to be more awkward and have even more negatives.