adfegg

Grrr! Double Fine's website is restricted!

So I clicked on the link on the Thmb Finger just now, only to be met with the hated message telling me the site has been barred under company policy. Great! Now, I'm unable to access Tim Schafer's wit and wisdom during my breaks!

In a way, I suppose I should be happy that enough people are accessing it to warrant this!

*slaps rodi with some reading skills*

the site has been barred under company policy.

Also: Death to company webfilters and proxies!:bomb:

Thank god we don't have one here. But I sympathize with you, adfegg.

I could copy the content of Tim's latest entry here. but then you'd miss the picture. Which is about 9/10th of the entire post :/

I don't believe it! They've only gone and restricted the Telltale Games blog as well! Is there some sort of conspiracy against former Lucasarts employees?

I don't believe it! They've only gone and restricted the Telltale Games blog as well! Is there some sort of conspiracy against former Lucasarts employees?

Do you, perchance, work for George Lucas?

Exactly what George Lucas would say!

Yeah, but then it would have been preceded with a THX intro movie

OK, scratch the Lucasarts conspiracy. I've just checked Ron Gilbert's site and I can access that fine.

OK, scratch the Lucasarts conspiracy. I've just checked Ron Gilbert's site and I can access that fine.

Yeah, for now... Bwahahahaha:violin:

Uh... I read it a long time ago... I got a hold of one of those advance prints sent out by publishers for peer review and whatnot... The book was a kind of a life-altering experience... Where the hell does this question come from?!interrobang

:eek: :eek: :erm::zoid::campbell::sartre::dopefish:

"Are you perchance Geroge Lucas?" is a running joke throughout all of Descartes' work.
This idea amuses me muchly.

You have "Phineas Gage" under your username. The neuroscientist Antonio Damasio tells Gage's story at the beginning of Descartes' Error to build his case for why reason depends on emotions.

Not that you couldn't have heard about Phineas Gage in a lot of other contexts, but I don't know what they'd be.

Oh, heh, yeah. So I do. And so he does.

I have always associated Gage with ultimate pwnage. Putting his name there under mine was probably a sort of an emo cry for help or something.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6152771.html

Read the comments ... I love how people *completely* missed Tim's sense of humour. Reading the comments on Gamespot is like watching a car crash ... horrific, but you just can't help but continue to watch.

SiN

Oh, ye gods... I think those people are the reason the game didn't sell... ;( ;( :frusty:

Truely wrong choice of words from Schafer, but with that said I will send in a mail to Microsoft to hopefully get the game added, but I will NOT stoop to the level of pretending to be terminally ill, I have morals.
Oh, man. This is priceless.

People are dumb. You make a mild joke about being a dying kid and Gamespot kind of takes it seriously by adding a news post, commenters get it less. You're right; this is why this game didn't sell. People take games waaaaay too seriously.

So I had to put a freaking note about sense of humor in my e-mail to microsoft. Because they might think that making shitty software and getting away with it is funny, but maybe they don't get the whole dying boy thing.

People are dumb. You make a mild joke about being a dying kid and Gamespot kind of takes it seriously by adding a news post, commenters get it less. You're right; this is why this game didn't sell. People take games waaaaay too seriously.

So I had to put a freaking note about sense of humor in my e-mail to microsoft. Because they might think that making shitty software and getting away with it is funny, but maybe they don't get the whole dying boy thing.

I will NOT stoop to the level of thinking that making shitty software and gettung away with it is funny, I have morals.

I joined the grassroots Psychonauts on 360 campaign with an email. I didn't pretend to be a terminally ill child, but I did sort of imply (well, explicitly state) that they make Tim, me, and the children of the world sad as long as The Most Excellent Game Psychonauts is backwards uncompatible.

I sent it off, along with a picture of me in my Whispering Rock t-shirt. I basically said that I was on the fence about the 360, but Psychonauts would convince me to purchase. Not entirely untrue, either.

I am a 9-year-old boy in the hospital, dying of pregnancy, and my last wish is to play Psychonauts on my XBOX 360!

love,

Chris

'Cause if that happened, then I could take my xbox back off my brother so he can play it on his 360.