Sign in to follow this  
Ginger

What DS games to buy

I'm going to buy a DS lite in the 23rd and was wondering what games to buy with it, at the moment I have three highly recommended ones

Mario Kart: for its obvious multiplayer fun,

Animal crossing: I'm not sure I'll like this but then I haven't met a single person who has played it and didn't love it.

Trauma centre: Seems like a really good idea and I thought it would be a good game for converting people to DS love.

I reckon I could afford another one or two games, although I may wait a bit and enjoy those 3 first, what recommendations would you guys make for games, or are there any must have accessories I should get?

Btw, I played metroid which could go on the list, but I couldn't get used to using the stylus for aiming I'm guessing this would become easier with the larger Lite stylus and practice.

In no particular order:

• Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
  • Meteos
  • Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
  • Advance Wars: Dual Strike

There are of course others, but those are pretty much the best. Phoenix Wright is a great adventure game, Meteos is better than Tetris, Castlevania is just Castlevania and Advance Wars is a solid strategy game.

No problem.

Animal Crossing is ok I guess, but it takes a lot of time and isn't very intense. It depends on what type of game you're looking to play on a handheld. If it's action and quick kicks, then Animal Crossing isn't really well suited (Meteos on the other hand is perfect). If you know you don't mind spreading a game out over the course of weeks and months then it's all good.

I'd have to agree with all that have been mentioned. New Super mario bros. is pretty good, Sonic Rush was good as well.

Mario Kart: for its obvious multiplayer fun

MKDS is absolutely amazing in every way.

Animal crossing: I'm not sure I'll like this but then I haven't met a single person who has played it and didn't love it.

Nice to meet you. :) Although to be fair, I've only played the GCN version. I didn't like it because it's mostly just "work"--digging stuff up, swapping items with people, etc. The "cool" part is that different things happen on certain days at certain times, like fireworks for instance. The stupid thing is that they're basically all just *reflections* in the pond...you can't actually even look at the sky! So I was really disappointed. Again, that was the GCN version, maybe the top screen shows cool stuff on the DS. I also don't play the Sims, again because it's mostly work and just customizing. So YMMV, obviously a lot of other people like those games.

If you have any interest at all in music games, you NEED to get "Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan" (import)! It's probably my favorite DS game...and I have many. You can hear the original music here, or see gameplay videos on YouTube, such as this one:

You can also just wait for the US version to be released ("Elite Beat Agents"), but it has all new music so there's no reason to not get both.

Kirby Canvas Curse is pretty fun, another good example of why the touch screen is so cool.

Animal Crossing... When I first got it over Christmas I played it for at least an hour every day for over two months. I just sold my copy last week. It's a fun game. I think I just got burned out on it. Also, the animals in your town are rather annoying.

Also, the animals in your town are rather annoying.

That's just your opinion, WHONK!

Just started playing Phoenix Wright and I am loving it. Reminds me of the old PC adventure games. For some reason I keep thinking of Willy Beamish. The characters are just hilarious. Especially during the courtroom battles. Highly recommended if you like adventure games.

Yeah, I love seeing how Edgeworth reacts when you score a successful objection. It's like you drove a pick into his chest. I also need to second Osu! Tatake! Ouendan! as it's one of the few games that I never seem to get sick of. One last thing, no one else has mentioned Feel The Magic: XY/XX or The Rub Rabbits yet. Love both so much. FTM is a bit better in my mind, probably due to the fact that it came first and thus is more innovative, but both are downright crazy and a whole lot of fun.

Yeah, FTM is great (don't have RR yet), although it's kind of short, and not a ton of replay value. After I beat it I didn't really feel like doing it again on hard, or getting ten stars on everything. Actually, if they had changed the "star" thing so you don't have to start at the beginning (first star) each time, I'd probably be more into it.

FTM gets extra points for having a NiGHTS unlockable hat! (it's pointless though)

Thx again for the suggestions, I reckon I'm going to avoid animal crossing for now as I have similar outlook on those games as Tommy gun, Quendan looks magnificently mental and I reckon I'll have to pick that up as well as brain train.

And I’ll do some reading up on FTM. Cheers for all the ideas J

Does anyone know anywhere good to get a DS lite from, I'm in the UK and the cheapest I've found so far is £99 from amazon but there are no bundle options.

Try here:

http://www.dvdcrave.com.au/

Might be cheaper for you because it's in $AU, and they ship overseas. And you'll avoid the 10% GST because you're from the UK. They're a really good store though, I've ordered heaps of games from them without any trouble.