Sign in to follow this  
Kolzig

Sensible Soccer 2006

Sucks ass, at least on my computer.

Why oh why won't it work with a GeForce 6600, that must be some really lazyass coding by Codemasters when there are so few cards supported.

"Mode not supported" - that's some real bs for you.

The reviews said that the game is good, I'd really like to believe that.

I'm of course talking about the PC demo that was released today.

Gamer's Hell

3D Gamers

I have a Geforce6600Gt and the demo works perfect. U sure it's not a driver problem?

And yeh, it's quite. At first I thought that a 3d sensible soccer was a lame idea but they managed it quite well.

Doesn't beat the pixel cuteness of the old versions though...but I don't think it's possible:)

I highly doubt that the problem is with the drivers, I have the latest drivers installed.

Man, what do you expect from a bunch of Amiga programmers? It's fairly obvious that starting life on the Amiga corrupts you for life and renders you completely unable to produce bug-free games for any other platform, even ten years later.

See also: Team 17.

Nope, it's developed by Codemasters, Sensible is long gone.

Though Jon Hare did give advices to the team and was propably somekind of a project lead, I guess.

Just as a side note, if you're using a 6600 your performance will actually degrade with the very latest drivers. As with all cards, the drivers tend to concentrate on and be optimised for the latest range, so the older ones suffer for the sake of compatibility.

Maybe you'll have better results if you hop back a bit. I use 81.98, and my performance is vastly better in Source engine games as opposed to that with the latest drivers. It's a bit of a gamble as sometimes certain games require specific fixes only found in later drivers, but it's best to stick to those that were from your card's prime if possible.

Something to try, anyway!

Thanks for the info, Kolzig. Shame that Sensible went bankrupt whilst creating what could have possibly been their best game: Sex N' Drugs N' Rock N' Roll

To hell with Sensible Soccer. Super Mario Strikers is now one of my favorite party games. A more violent game of football, you ain't likely to find.