Sign in to follow this  
Tommy Gun

“Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan” Music Videos for the Original Songs

I don't know how many fans are here, but I’ve been playing so much Ouendan (finally beat it on Insane a few weeks ago) that I really wanted to hear the original songs. Well, I realized that most of them were up on YouTube in some form or another, so I compiled all the links into a guide! If you haven't played it, you can see what you're missing out on. ;)

http://crackedrabbitgaming.com/guides/ouendan-music-videos/

It's amazing how much better all of that music becomes by being in Ouedan. Morning Masume are actually bearable with some whistles and a couple of barking cheerleaders!

I know, it's weird how when you're playing along, you really get more out of the music. Same with DDR, there are songs where I've listened to them separately and they were kind of bland, but jumping to the rhythm sort of enhances it. It's hard to explain. There are some songs that I really hate listening to, but dancing/playing to them is actually fun.

As for MM, that video is just insaaaaane. The first time I saw it I felt like my eyes got punched in the face fifty times. And I know that makes no sense.

Ouendan was actually the first thing that I bought when I was approved for my first credit card. I've been playing it a hell of a lot ever since. I'm quite impressed that you've beaten Insane. I'm almost done it myself, but still have Salary Man and Ready Steady Go left to beat. Damn it gets hard quick in that mode. I think I had to play the first level about 7 times before I finally cleared it. I found the soundtrack online and have it as a playlist that I listen to from time to time. Not bad even when on it's own. Also, the level based around Over the Distance makes me happy every time...

I'm quite impressed that you've beaten Insane. I'm almost done it myself, but still have Salary Man and Ready Steady Go left to beat.

So you've beaten Shanghai Honey? That was the one that gave me the most trouble. Insane wasn't too hard, but the Cleopatra one slowed me down I think, and S.H. always destroyed me at the end! It was just so fast and random that it was really hard to learn or sight-read, and because it was at the end you had to play through the whole level just to fail! It literally was the last FIVE seconds of the song that killed me. RSG wasn't nearly as hard.

Also, the level based around Over the Distance makes me happy every time...

Yes! That's one of my favorites, and that's even what inspired me to create that page of links. I found OtD on YouTube sort of by chance, and looked for the rest after that.

Insane wasn't too hard, but the Cleopatra one slowed me down I think,

I really liked Nairuchi, and it only took a few tries for me to get through. For me, on insane, an easy song is any one that takes fewer than 6 tries. Shanghai Honey gave me a lot of trouble on Hard, but I think because I played it so much in that mode it made the Insane one easier.

I may pick up the game when it's out here, but that video of Morning Musume with MEAT on their HEADS remains crazy as ever!

I really looking forward to getting this on import soon (I'm getting a DS Lite today). I actually recognise some of the tracks from japanese music tv etc (I especially like nobodyknows'+ "Kokoro Odoru") and youtube videos etc. of other people playing are pretty entertaining as it is.

Electroplankton and Animal Crossing are the other games that I think I am definitely going to get. I want a lot of the rpgs, but many of these won't see English versions (and rpgs can be a pain in japanese). Even so, I might get the Seiken Densetsu, FF and Tales games that are around. I might get that pokemon ranger game, if only to bridge the gap until the next "proper" pokemon (diamond/pearl I think).

Any other suggestions? (No mario, zelda or metroid. I do not like these games.)

Daigasso! Band Bros./Jam With the Band might be for you, then. It's got a whole boatload of anime/J-Pop themes, and plenty of Nintendo medleys too. And of course, plenty of public domain songs. And Smoke on the Water. But it's all in midi, because of the way it works.

Basically, up, down, left, right on the Control Pad, as well as A, B, X, Y (and in some insane cases, L & R) are assigned to different musical notes. You have to press and hold the correct note as the song indicates, but if you press the wrong note, you don't hear a silly noise, or an "oops!" or whatever - instead, you hear an off-key sounding version of the wrong note. So, in a sense, it's a bit more realistic in the way the music is played. It's all done with midi, as mentioned, so it sounds a bit flat (Smoke on the Water sounds positively soulless when you compare it to, well, Guitar Hero, for example), but it does the job well enough.

When you finish the game, you unlock a proper music editor and can save a couple of songs on it, as well. (Here's a song a friend of mine made to show how it works.) You can also play wireless single-cart multi with up to seven friends. If you all have copies of the game, it's apparently unlimited wireless play (don't ask me how this works, it will never, ever be tested, so we'll just have to take their word for it). You can also order an expansion GBA cart for the game which has 31 extra songs.

Order Summary / Shipping Details:
1 x Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan (For Nintendo DS / Japanese)           US$      49.90

Awwww yeahhhh..

僕は応援団長です!!

Hate to tell you after the fact, but you could have gotten it for $39.99 from YesAsia (with a coupon). The game is worth the money you paid, so just a heads up for future aspiring cheerleaders.

I've got Band Brothers as well. It's not a bad game, but after playing Ouendan, it was just a little dissappointing. It would probably be much more awesome if I had other people to play it with. As is, I have to go single player only and it is nowhere near as fun as Ouendan.

Hate to tell you after the fact, but you could have gotten it for $39.99 from YesAsia (with a coupon). The game is worth the money you paid, so just a heads up for future aspiring cheerleaders.

Hey, what's $10 between friends? You couldn't even buy a sandwich with that.

Hey, what's $10 between friends? You couldn't even buy a sandwich with that.

It'd have to be a hell of a sandwich for over ten bucks... Ah yes, I can see it before me now, glorious slices of bread the size of a school bus, with little children carved out of cheese riding along!

It'd have to be a hell of a sandwich for over ten bucks... Ah yes, I can see it before me now, glorious slices of bread the size of a school bus, with little children carved out of cheese riding along!

Come to Ireland and I can show you some really crappy €8 sandwiches.

I could also show you some really good ones for half that, but that's not the point is it? The point is OUENDAN!!!!!

A generous portion of awesome with mega-excellent-dressing between two slices of Holy F*cking Jesus.

You obviously don't have a Subway around your area, Oath. :~

You obviously don't have a Subway around your area, Oath. :~

Actually the whole Subway franchise closed in Sweden a few years back, due to lack of business. True story.

Wait, what? How much does Subway charge where you guys are? I get a big sandwich with lotsa stuff on it for about $8. Not as cheap as it should be, but better than $10. And this is Canadian too. Personally though, I stick to Shwarmas, as there's an awesome mediteranian place just down the street from my Subway that makes cheaper and better food.

Damn, impressively thorough. Song diagrams are an interesting idea, and I still need to watch most of those videos. Thanks for the quick access, man.

On a somewhat-related note, I really wish this game worked better as a portable game. It's great if you're sitting on something stationary, but it's hard as hell to play on the bus or the train. Gitaroo Man Live! ftw in this case, although I wish I could read more kanji so that I could figure out the stuff that wasn't already in the PS2 game.

My little brother kicks Subway's ass and I don't pay him at all.