Nick

Paul Barnett explains Warhammer Online

manages to slate the english pretty well. In fact it seems that WO is just about how shit the english are.
The Dwarfs are like the northern working class of England. They live down mines, all they want to do is get drunk, they just want to fight people that call them short, they have no money...

Brilliant! How can someone be so enthusiastic about a game, ramble on with almost no stumble and even be funny as well? Cool! There's about a tenth of a thousandth of a percent of a chance that I'll play it, but this guy rocks.

heh, that was quite entertaining.

"orcs are football hooligans... high elves are posh people... dark elves are posh people that have taken drugs, like Lord Byron"

I'm 2:21 in and I've ALREADY had ENOUGH of this guy. It's GREAT if you're ENTHUSIASTIC about your game but there's NO NEED to emphasize EVERY single THING with your VOICE and your ARMS. :shifty::shifty::shifty:

Edit: okay, he's kinda funny. Give the man a raise.

Best pitch I've seen, but then again I haven't witnessed too many.

I really hope they pull it off, mainly because it's Warhammer and the orcs are a bit fun. Wouldn't mind if they went ahead and made a 40K game instead though.

Despite the guy's enthusiasm, there's every chance the game will be pretty much redundant of course. Warcraft has always been a Warhammer-clone from the outset, and now Blizzard have already seem to have made the archetypical fantasy MMORPG.

Yeah, I don't like Warhammer (original) and I don't like MMOs, but I still like this guy. Very charismatic spokesman for the game, at any rate.

He really is entertaining.

I'll never play his game (and maybe very few people will) but there is hope in my thumbs for him.

To be honest, he enthusiastically makes his game sound like shit. What he said basically boiled down to him saying his game is going to be awesome because it's entirely based on cliches and is full of senseless fighting for the sake of fighting. wow, sounds great. :shifty:

"cut open your arm, and mice pour out" ;( now, that's nice

it's interesting though how he's pushing all the "commitment" concept...it sounds to me like "we will mess up your social life"...kinda opposite to blizzard and all the "you can play for 30 minutes" thing when they were launching Wow...

and yep, he's fun...but makes me want to stay away from his game :shifty:

I think what he was doing was, he was also trying to appeal to a relative layman crowd who didn't know what MMORPG's were about? He was purposefully avoiding any gaming term, explaining stuff like 'zones'...

To be honest, he enthusiastically makes his game sound like shit. What he said basically boiled down to him saying his game is going to be awesome because it's entirely based on cliches and is full of senseless fighting for the sake of fighting. wow, sounds great. :shifty:

I don't know, I hate MMOs in general, but I'm genuinely interested in Warhammer Online. Partially because I paint 40k figures, so I always see the fantasy stuff (even if I'm not necessarily into that side of things), but also because I think some of the things they're talking about sound fun to me.

But it'll probably wind up like every other MMO. I'll try it, I'll get bored after an hour and I'll move on.

My favorite part of the video is when he talks about how there are no male or female Orks, "because they're grown from mushrooms from outer space!"

My favorite part of the video is when he talks about how there are no male or female Orks, "because they're grown from mushrooms from outer space!"

Well, it's the truth...

This what I call RPG enthusiasm : an enthusiasm that is quite refreshing when witnessed in a presentation such as this one,but which turns ou to be creepy if experienced on a daily basis. In the end, it just make listener want to see the guy diying in a horrible way..say... by seeing mice pouring out of his veins.

In Nomine Satanis fan are the worst in that matter.