Ben

Bruckheimer's gamer movie

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=64837

"It will follow the adventures of two thirtysomething gamers who wind up getting recruited by the Department of Homeland Security. They're tasked with leading a whole army of gamers in a battle against monsters from a game they've clocked, who have now come to life."

+

BRUCKHEIMER!!!!!

:D

(Straight to) Video Games. Also they will make a game out of this movie and implode your head :(

I HOPE NICHOLAS CAGE IS IN IT AS WELL... WITH SAMUEL L. JACKSON.

*NUCLEAR EXPLOSION*

(Caps intended)

I think it bears repeating that the title of the movie is

GAME BOYS

That's worth a lol if anything is

It'll be the best film about gamers since The Wizard!

What about Grand Ma's boy.

Ok, not maybe completely about gamers but more about game testers and designers.

Has this Grrand Ma's Boy one come out yet? Why do all the Video game movie names post-Wizard end in "boy" or its plural?

I almost cry at the end of The Wizard every single time.

I also get a chill down my spine when the World 1 Map music hits.

Sound a lot like that stupid horror movie that came out a few months ago. What was it called? I've forgotten already, which really shows you how quality it was. There was a thread about it here too.

Basically, "game comes to life and kills people".

Which isn't too far off from "game comes to life and gamers are the only hope". Wait a minute... where did I hear that one before. Hmmmm

laststarfighter.jpg

I've forgotten the name of it too, but that doesn't matter, because the only "game comes to life and kills people" movie that matters is Nightmares, with the Emilio Estevez segment. Bishop of Battle, motherfuckers.

The movie you're thinking of is Stay Alive

"If you die in the game, you die in real life!"

Yeah, this certainly isn't an original concept and it's probably going to be shit anyway considering that Jerry Bruckheimer is producing it, the same man that brought us Pearl Harbor and Bad Boys.

FYI I moved to change the name of the "Stay Alive" thread to "Snakes on a Plane," as that is what the topic derailed to, and a mod or the creator obliged me. SO if you want to read more about the movie, read the first couple posts on that thread. I guess. Whatever.

My favorite part of the Wizard, beyond all its general suckiness, is when he magically finds the warp whistle that can only be found if you stand on a specific block while holding a turtle and pressing down. Who wouldn't try that on a game that no one had ever played before?!?

never saw the wizard

it's touch to get a hold on that movie

well.. maybe... I'd like to judge for myself...

heck I even watched 30 minutes of "Plan 9 from outerspace"

My favorite part of the Wizard, beyond all its general suckiness, is when he magically finds the warp whistle that can only be found if you stand on a specific block while holding a turtle and pressing down. Who wouldn't try that on a game that no one had ever played before?!?

Whoa Whoa Whoa - It's the 1st World mini-fortess whistle. Fly up above the first door off the screen, run all the way right and press up.

Yes, just as improbable.

I'm amazed anyone ever discovered Crouching Box Hidden Whistle. Let the records show I also question the "Holding a Turtle" stipulation too.

And hey, Evan Katz is in onboard, and he produces 24. And he produced... JAG. And... "Archie: To Riverdale and Back Again?" What the...?

Place your bets now - what kind of game is it, and what kind of evil beings are coming to life? Rogue copies of America's Most Wanted and a Bin Laden clone army? An evil clone of Tony Hawk? Sam and Max? Or just generic aliens from generic space games that nobody makes anymore?

Place your bets now - what kind of game is it, and what kind of evil beings are coming to life?

Three-headed-monkeys. Lots of them.

Finally the surviving adventure-gamers get their hands on chainsaws, but there is no fuel to be found. Classic plight.

Place your bets now - what kind of game is it, and what kind of evil beings are coming to life?

I bet it's a space shooter game like Gradius that looks like it came out on the Atari Jaguar, because whenever movies had games in them that have 3-D graphics, the models never seem to have any textures on them. The game will use controllers that look like rip-offs of the dual shock for the ps2, and it will have two people playing the game at once even though only one ship is on the screen.

Sorry—my mistake. I haven't seen the movie since I was a kid, but I recently re-played SMB3 and when I remembered the turtle thing, I found the whistle... I'll stop now.

Whoa Whoa Whoa - It's the 1st World mini-fortess whistle. Fly up above the first door off the screen, run all the way right and press up.

Yes, just as improbable.

I'm amazed anyone ever discovered Crouching Box Hidden Whistle. Let the records show I also question the "Holding a Turtle" stipulation too.

And hey, Evan Katz is in onboard, and he produces 24. And he produced... JAG. And... "Archie: To Riverdale and Back Again?" What the...?

Place your bets now - what kind of game is it, and what kind of evil beings are coming to life? Rogue copies of America's Most Wanted and a Bin Laden clone army? An evil clone of Tony Hawk? Sam and Max? Or just generic aliens from generic space games that nobody makes anymore?

Turtle!? It's a damn Koopa.

And you don't need one.