LOPcagney

Final Fantasy for the PC

Sorry, but I just would like to see some cross-platform Final Fantasy games, besides 7. For those of us who don't have Ps2's and #3's. And with no good emulators on horizon, I thought there should be a petition or something. Am I alone in this regard?

Final Fantasy 8 and 11 came out on PC, but you don't want to play Final Fantasy on the PC anyway because Final Fantasy is shit

Well, anything after 7 anyway is shit.

Final Fantasy 8 and 11 came out on PC, but you don't want to play Final Fantasy on the PC anyway because Final Fantasy is shit

7 came out for PC too, but it was a horribly buggy port.

No, 7 and before are shit, too.

I love the FF games apart from X and X 2, I know they are flawed in lots of ways and are not the best turn based RPGs out there, but I still loved playing them.

If it is not your style of game fair enough, but to call them shit is just unfounded.

True.

and yeah I guess more pc ports would be nice for pc users, but just go grab a ps2, they are only cheapy now :)

Wow, that's great. I think last time I checked in on PS2-emulation they were maxing the framerate out in the single digits. I wonder how long it'll be until they get it to a stable level for most games.

Yeah. There's a better thread on those forums that is just full of screenshots from testers, but I didn't post that because I'm stupid.

Anyway, for those out there with pretty hefty PCs, the ability to play PS2 titles at all sorts of fancy resolutions could be just around the corner.

yay! ...although my PS2 works just fine. Why does this excite me again? Whatever. Good news anyway.

Yeah, emulation is always a lot more exciting before the realization that you have the console sitting 2 feet away sinks in.

Yeah, I'm anxiously waiting for an emulator that's widely usable. Probably just give it a couple of years, but...

And yeah, there was 7 for the PC, and I have 11, but who are we kidding, that's not Final Fantasy.

Anyway, yeah. PS2 in general should be emulated, for those of us without actual PS2's. It's frustrating because most XBox games are cross platform, but PS2 is like a whole different fish, or, something...

and yeah I guess more pc ports would be nice for pc users, but just go grab a ps2, they are only cheapy now :)

Yeah I'm pretty lazy, I wanna do everything without getting up from my chair at the computer desk. :) But even so, I'm not a big fan of the whole consul thing. Seems too time consuming and inconvenient. Considerring my TV's in the living room.

So rig it up to plug into a computer monitor and speakers. I did it, the sound out of my little 2.1 secondary speaker set is way better than my TV, and you get to geek out and mess with all sorts of hookups. Good times. :yep:

Yeah I'm pretty lazy, I wanna do everything without getting up from my chair at the computer desk. :) But even so, I'm not a big fan of the whole consul thing. Seems too time consuming and inconvenient. Considerring my TV's in the living room.

was there a recent international convention on spelling "console" wrong? seriously, i swear i've seen it wrong far more times than right in the past week. the worst, by far, is "counsel," which may be a Phoenix Wright joke, i don't know.

to the point, Final Fantasy is a couch and TV experience, dammit. don't lie to yourself and say it's fine hunched over a desk, 7 inches from a screen.

Why is that, exactly? Because it's so repetitive? I can imagine that you'd get rather annoyed if you had to sit through hours of random fights in a deskchair. Yeah, it's better suited to the couch then, where you can also snooze a little.

That said, there IS a lot of merit to Final Fantasy, so it's only because I'm a vindictive bastard that I pummel it.

Hey, don't talk to me about sitting through long games in a deskchair. I played through all of the Metal Gear Solid series right at this very desk, on the same monitor I'm using now. Yeah, I was sore afterwards, but that didn't change the quality of the games.