Spaff

Sonic Wiildfire video (Wii)

Apparently its fucking amazing.... says Ben

It certainly looks 100 billion times better than any previous 3d version of sonic, with less stupid downtime between legging it about getting rings.

also better than insanely 3d rendered Robotnik... jesus.

From what I've seen of this, it looks a lot better than Sonic the hedgehog for PS3 and 360. Which makes me feel even better about getting a Wii and putting the other two off for a while.

I'm actually interested in the game, which is a first for Sonic in my case. Usually I don't care a whole lot for Sonic games because it's all so fast and chaotic I don't feel like I'm in control, but this looks like real fun. Of course, courtesy of the novel way of playing it with the Wiimote. Nevertheless, interesting.

"To the Tiiimme machiiiinnne"It looks like Crash Bandicoot with more speed .... and jumping seems to still be a concern.I guess they still have time to correct this.

Actually, it seems to be closer to a ground-based NiGHTS, with Sonic.

And we can't forget that unlike Sonic the Hedgehog 360, this game doesn't feature Shadow driving cars and shooting things...

Looks pretty damn fun to me. Course, like with every 3D Sonic, the camera will undoubtedly find a way to fuck you over, but maybe not quite so bad this time.

It's nice to look at, the action is streamlined, and the camera doesn't try to zoom into Sonic's liver, but it's a game that's still as vapid as Adventure 2 or Heroes but with less falling through walls. Sonic in 3D just doesn't cut it with me.

I like the sonic that was on dreamcast, and then was ported the the cube.

Some levels got bogged down with platforming - but the first two were amazing - with heaps of loop the loops through blue-sky, green-grass kind of territory. And loved sonics ability to run up walls if his speed is fast enough.

I BET those Robbie Williams "let love be your energy" music video creators guys had a dream cast - and was thus their inspiration for robbie running up walls...hmmn, which came first, I'll check the release date.

BTW I notice the new game from the Tomb raider creator allows you to run very fast, and run up walls. That is probably a cool game. Would be heaps better if it had an decent director. Some bright colors please.

Finally downloaded the trailer...

MY GOD..that is AWESOME!!!! That was more bright and colorful than even my wildest expectations!

Visual things I would like to see for futre sonics:

1) to have huge sprays of water whenever sonic runs on water.

2) make running downhill give you accelaration. More like a rollercoaster that way.

3) More water is cool too.

4) Make sure level designs are analysed in terms of speed runs (ie so the most optimum speed run is elegant and blisteringly fast). Cos nintendo seems to be the most popular platform for these, and sonic quite a popular game for it.

Other note, why is it that the coolest most colorful platform games borrow from indiana jones.

- we had Donkey Kong Country borrowing mine carts from Temple.

- Crash borrowed the boulder rolling of Raiders.

- and this might be premature, but the water spewing out of the side of the building is a bit similar to when indy is fleeing the temple in Temple. maybe. ok thats dumb.