Sign in to follow this  
Marek

Sony: hey why not buy a wii?

Last week's "Microsoft: hey why not buy a wii?" gets a sequel.

"I think Nintendo will be the second system consumers purchase after PlayStation 3. I haven't had a chance to check out the Wii myself, but Nintendo has a great history of innovation and has always done great things for gaming and long may they do so." - Phil Harisson.

WUXTRY! Nintendo is the cool kid everyone wants to hang out with!

It feels like Sony has gotten more shit than they possibly deserve for the controller thing, but it's hilarious that they've compounded that by apparently stealing PR strategy from Microsoft. Like they're kleptomaniacs. It's a compulsion.

I think I'll just do it then. The following quote may be distributed: ,,The Wii will be the console that everyone purchases first. Then after about a year or so, when the 360 and PS3 finally enter the price-range of people that aren't Hollywood jetset, we'll maybe buy them. Maybe."

hahahahahhahahahaha, oh sony, hahahahhahahahahahhaha, hahahhahahahaha stealing everyones shit ahahhahahahahahahahahaha.

There is nothing like having both of the major alternatives saying, "DUDE! THEIR CONSOLE IS GOING TO BE F*#^ing GREAT!!!!"

Also, that was a good spin on his part. He avoided the actual question in favorable of the less damaging Nintendo praise.

That's pretty impressive. Nintendo is the quiet dude hanging around the fringes of a brutal pub fight who, near the end, lunges in with a broken bottle and rapes your face.

Continue.

Sony and Microsoft are doing so much free publicity for the Wii they may end up finding that they elevate it from being a "secondary" console to being a real contender for market dominance, more competition is always good for the consumer.

I love Ben's pub fight analogy.

Well.. guess it's clear then... I'm going to buy a Wii, screw the rest

I just hope that consumers don't get confused and think that they have to buy both a PS3 and an Xbox 360 before getting their secondary console.

That's pretty impressive. Nintendo is the quiet dude hanging around the fringes of a brutal pub fight who, near the end, lunges in with a broken bottle and rapes your face.

Continue.

Wow, impressive analogy. I lolled.

I'd love to see Nintendo build an ad around some of these quotes.

They do not need those.

Even if they did build an ad around these quotes, it would just raise mind share for Sony and Microsoft.

So, who's getting a Playstation3 an Xbox? And also, I wonder what nintendo has to say about people buying a second console. (Actually, I don't give a shit about either)

Wellll ... from Nintendo's Perrin Kaplan:

JS: I find it interesting that you mentioned just a minute ago about the Xbox 360 and making a mild comparison. Earlier this week, Peter Moore said he thought that gamers would buy a Wii in addition to a 360.

Kaplan: The hardcore gamers, the gamers that are their customers, they love to play and they will probably want our system and their system. I do think the casual gamers that we are expanding into will own only one, and it will be ours.

JS: Do you feel that the systems are in any way complimentary?

Kaplan: I think they could be. For a hard core gamer who really wants a plethora of ways to pick from, someone who really wants to spend a lot of time gaming. Yeah, of course I knew Peter. He's one of my favorites in the industry. He's great; a great guy. Known him from the Sega days.

Not if you chop off the "It would be a great SECOND console" part.

"Nintendo has a great history of innovation and has always done great things for gaming and long may they do so." - Sony Executive, Phil Harisson

It's like a book jacket quote.

Hey, you're right, it does make a good quote.

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=55708

Microsoft on the Wii, as well as a punch at Sony: "Even the announcement about adding movement to their controller seems like their attempt to address what Nintendo is doing. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, especially when you remove rumble. How can you remove force feedback from a general purpose controller?"