Sign in to follow this  
Roderick

Hellgate: London

Okay, what are the thoughts on HGL? In a few videos I saw it looked a bit repetitive, but then so was Diablo. And since it IS from the guys behind Diablo and the adept Bill Roper, I'm willing to bet there'll be some addictive quality to the game.

What I didn't know was that they've taken an MMORPG twist, taking the Diablo-concept even further and integrating what was previously done in battle.net chatrooms (meeting up, making a team, etc) into the game via portals. That makes it look a lot like Guild Wars, so there's some danger that it will feel too much like that title.

Still, Guild Wars lacked some customisation, whereas that will be one of HGL's halmark strengths. I think it could be well worth the attention. And since Blizzard refused to announce Diablo 3 (instead giving presentations exclusively devoted to The Burning Crusade before a genuine FLOCK of zealous fans that began to cheer and yell at every minute detail that was given (,,auction halls will be linked!" ,,WOOOOO!" ,,You'll go to the home of Kel'Thuzad!" ,,YEAAAAAAH!")), there's little competition in the field.

I'm cautiously positive towards Hellgate.

I really hope it turns out well, but I'm just desperate for a good persistent or semi-persistent online shooter or action game in general. Huxley might be just what I need, but so might this, so I'm keeping my options open.