Moosferatu

Dark Messiah

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it too. They did a great job on Arx Fatalis and it has been so long since there has been a medieval FPS. The video does a pretty good job of showing how the game offers multiple ways of taking out enemies.

Although I am slightly annoyed that the game actually has nothing to do with the Might and Magic series.

Although I am slightly annoyed that the game actually has nothing to do with the Might and Magic series.

that's where you're wrong. You are glad that it has nothing to do with M&M. Thief legacy coming through which I am very happy about. Less roll the dice, more rolling heads. :eek::finger::grin::clap::erm:

Arx Fatalis was indeed awesome. Last I heard they were making a sequel using the Source engine, but this doesn't look like much of a sequel. The trailer is still downloading, but I checked out some screenshots.

In France and since its announcement, this game has a huge hype surrounding it from the FPS gamers and RPG gamer equally... that's rare.

Arx Fatalis was indeed awesome. Last I heard they were making a sequel using the Source engine, but this doesn't look like much of a sequel.

Yeah, I heard that Arx Fatalis 2 rumor too, but I don't know if they just stopped developing it and started working on this.

I think the guy who made those nice 3d model and texture enhancements for System Shock 2 is working on this game.

Not the existing M&M series, but my understanding is that it ties into HOMMV (OMG OUT NEXT WEEK).

I saw Dark Messiah very, very briefly at E3, and it looked pretty good.

I finally got round to playing this. I'm not enjoying it that much, unfortunately, because of balancing issues. It could have been an ace game, but the difficulty curve is for shit, and there are far too many weapons and powers that aren't tuned very well or you don't get the chance to use because you're constantly fighting off six enemies at a time and you don't have the time to fuck around. I'm currently about 75% through the game and still have problems killing an orc or zombie, it's crazy. It doesn't have an easy setting, which would have made this a lot closer to the enjoyable orc-kicking/spiking/decapitating simulator I was hoping for.

Indeed, the good parts are really spaced too far apart and by the end it gets really boring as I remember. But I want to play it again soon.

In this other thread you can watch the progression of my opinion: :tup: -> :tmeh: but :tup: -> :tdown: but :tup:

Man, Dan really nails it in his post. I want to be jumping around, throwing crates at people, kicking them off ledges, turning them to ice then smashing them into pieces, like a motherfucking wizard Errol Flynn, but it won't let me. I think I've been convinced to uninstall - I just wish I'd decided that before I fought through hours of fucking poison-cloud-blowing zombies.

I want to be jumping around, throwing crates at people, kicking them off ledges, turning them to ice then smashing them into pieces, like a motherfucking wizard Errol Flynn, but it won't let me.

There was an SDK I think. Wonder if fans have made any good content for it...

New and utterly unbelievable demo trailer (395megs). The game looks absolutely astounding. Actually, I have a hard time believing that the full game will be as incredible as the trailer makes it out to be, but it's almost certain to be great regardless.

I went and watched this trailer again - man, a lot has changed in 8 years. The fact that we don't really blink at a 395MB is one thing.

There was an SDK I think. Wonder if fans have made any good content for it...

I couldn't find anything with a quick google. A contemporary forum post said that Ubisoft quashed the SDK so it may not have been released.