Lechimp

New Smash Bros Game Displayed

If anyone was wondering, I was the guy who bought Clay Fighter 63 and a third.

There were TWO of us? Although I did get it used. Did you sell it off by any chance?

There were TWO of us? Although I did get it used. Did you sell it off by any chance?

Unfortunately not, it's still sitting in a sports bag in my room. Has playing bad games "ironically" come into fashion yet? I think I'll head over to eBay and give it a shot. I've got a bundled-in copy of Die Hard: Vendetta too. Come and get it!

Stay on target. There's still a lot of Mario bad guys yet to make the cut, and Nintendo bad guys in general. How about Ridley? (original smaller-from-necessity Ridley, obviously.) I'd wouldn't mind an airship fortress arena this time around either. Hopefully we'll get a Snake "mirror" as well, the way Captain Falcon and Ganondorf are suspiciously similar in Melee, or Fox maps almost directly onto Falco. I'm not competely au fait with all the various Snake spin offs though...

I find myself wondering if Zero Suit Samus will be an alternate move set for regular Samus (like the Zelda / Sheik character in Melee). I hope that is the case, mainly so that it allows for more space for other characters (also I really liked the character switching thing for Zelda).

If Wario is in there it would just be rude to not include Waluigi. Also Nintendo have been putting ROB the robot into mario kart recently, maybe he'll make an appearance?

If Megaman were to be included he would seem to me to be a Samus variant character. I like Samus and Megaman, I want him in there!

My avatar should probably clue you in to my suggestion: Classic Bomberman would rule. With the TG-16 Virtual Console stuff, I'd assume Nintendo and Hudson would be fairly close and could make this happen.

He's in Hudson's Smash Bros. knock-off Dream Mix TV World Fighters - as is Snake, funnily enough.

It'd be a nice counterpart to the abortion that is Bomberman: Act Zero.

That makes sense. Classic Bomberman is by far more in line with the Nintendo universe's aesthetic than Snake, so why the hell not? The main thing I'm looking for in a new Smash Bros is a Samus stage that's actually worth playing on. Goddamn, why does she always get hosed with the crappy gimmick stages? (Ice Climbers, of course, are even worse off, but I they're not much fun to play as either.)

Maybe Ness will get a Mother 3-ized version, in the form of Lucas or Claus (twin brothers of the distinct Ness variety - see here for more information - just click 'Character Introduction'). And I want to play a Mr. Saturn!

Hopefully we'll get a Snake "mirror" as well

You mean like Raiden, the protagonist in MGS2? I suppose that's possible. Maybe even that cool Ninja bloke without a face!

Bomberman would seem a likely candidate, but I still hold that Sonic would be most likely. I would've said he was more likely to appear in SSB3 than Snake, anyway! I could be wrong.

Wario is long overdue an appearance - he should have had Dr. Mario's place in SSBM. Waluigi is a strong possibility, maybe even a proper Daisy too.

I find myself wondering if Zero Suit Samus will be an alternate move set for regular Samus (like the Zelda / Sheik character in Melee).

That's feasible, although we've already got used to Samus as she is, and Zelda/Sheik was built from the ground up.

Ooh, speaking of Wind Waker versions of Young Link and Ganondorf, why not Zelda/Tetra!

New characters announced! (on June 6th, click 'New Heads for Smash Bros')

We were right on the money with Wind Waker Young Link and Bowser Junior! Did someone suggest Ridley as well? Sounds cool!

It finally affirmed that the total number characters should approach forty, leaving place for about fifteen new like one or two characters of third editors.

Still fifteen more? Let the speculation continue!

I'm now adding:

Krystal from Starfox Adventures/Assault (female character, they need more of them)

Samurai Goroh from F-Zero (Falcon's rival, and they could do with another character from the series!)

No more Game and Watch? *sigh* I guess I'll have to hold onto my copy of Melee, while still enjoying the hell out of Brawl.

Link in Windwaker style? My hope for Ganongdorf in the style increases!

I'm also really happy with Bowser Jr. I always think he's so darn cute.

(I can't really see Ridley as a playable character though. Isn't he supposed to be a huge dragon? That would mean he's either too big for the game or will look unconvincing. Truth be told, I'm not that interested in characters that don't have a lot of expression.)

No more Game and Watch? *sigh* I guess I'll have to hold onto my copy of Melee, while still enjoying the hell out of Brawl.

What?!? KHAAAAANNN!

They'd better put Fawful or/and King Dedede in there!:(

(I can't really see Ridley as a playable character though. Isn't he supposed to be a huge dragon? That would mean he's either too big for the game or will look unconvincing. Truth be told, I'm not that interested in characters that don't have a lot of expression.)

Well, in Metroid Prime Ridley only seemed a bit bigger than Samus. I'd say he's about on par with Bowser or Gannondorf. If you're talking about the 2D Ridley though, yeah. Way too big.

Frankly I could care less that they removed the ice climbers, as they weren't all that fun to play as and their level sucked immensely. I wonder if they'll at least let us keep the Game and Watch level though. For old time's sake.

Are you kidding me? Ridley was huge in Prime! When you fight him on the terrace; that's a huge dragon man! Sweeping tail, big head... Ah well, I'll have Bowser Jr. at least :woohoo:

I'm also really happy with Bowser Jr. I always think he's so darn cute.

Oh, boooo. Come on, the Koopa Kids had bucketloads more personality (what happened to the grammar there?) than some mental squat Bowser who had parent issues.

Gimmie Wendy O. or Iggy Koopa over Bowser Jr. any day.

I wonder what the chances are of seeing Stafi from the Legend of Stafi games? And I wonder if Super Princess Peach means that Peach will now have her lunatic mood-swinging madness and her talking parasol that craves the flesh of the living? I certainly hope so!

And I'll bet you dollars to donuts that Petey Pirhana turns up in some form in Brawl. Because he's been in Sunshine, Double Dash!!, Mario Golf, Super Princess Peach, AND New Super Mario Bros.. And that's only the ones I can think of. Given Nintendo's obsession with him, he will probably be playable. And be able to vomit over everybody.

...all of a sudden I really want Petey Pirhana to be in the game.

God, I love it when a new Smash Bros. game is due to come out. Part of the fun is the speculation!

I'd forgotten all about Petey, and I think he's a safe bet.

I'm not sure how Ridley will work either, unless he's about the size of Bowser. I mean, Bowser's HUGE in some Mario games!

I fourth the call for :waluigi::tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

Plus, he should get his own game on the Wii: "Waluigi's Moonshine Mansion" or something.

I'd like to see Waluigi get his own game before appearing in Smash Bros, otherwise all his attacks would have to come from sports games or something, because that's all he has appeared in.

They could maybe make Ridley the size of Bowser, afterall, he was pretty small in Metroid 1.

A little disappointed in Bowser Junior though, the Koopa Kids were far cooler.

Saying that, I'm really hoping for a Luigi's Mansion 2 using the WiiMote. Anyone else like that idea?

I only like the idea if it's announced after Waluigi's Moonshine Mansion.

Think about it: Waluigi goes back in time to the prohibition era and starts his own illegal distillery in a giant mansion, complete with secret passageways, hiding places and a giant speakeasy. Hot on his tail, however, are two cops who happen to be Italian immigrants from a family of plumbers. Meanwhile, he's facing heat from his top competitor, Al Wapone.

And I'll bet you dollars to donuts that Petey Pirhana turns up in some form in Brawl. Because he's been in Sunshine, Double Dash!!, Mario Golf, Super Princess Peach, AND New Super Mario Bros.. And that's only the ones I can think of. Given Nintendo's obsession with him, he will probably be playable. And be able to vomit over everybody.

...all of a sudden I really want Petey Pirhana to be in the game.

You forgor Mario Power Tennis. I'm frankly a bit sick of Petey Pirhana. He was a cool and appropriate boss in Sunshine, but everything he's been in since just feels tacked on. If you're gonna have Petey Pirhana fighting, why not throw in a Pianta too?

...Actually, come to think of it, being able to kick ass as a Pianta isn't such a bad idea. It would have to be the Don or something from Paper Mario though. Meh, I guess with 40 characters there's room for all kinds of crazy.

I didn't know Waluigi was so crazy about alcohol? I know he's a mad bomber, which is the reason I always play with him in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, where I just love it when he says 'Waluigi time!'. And then when he throws a bomb, I always shout "KABUUUMM!" before it explodes. Damn I love Waluigi. He's way better than Wario.

I didn't know Waluigi was so crazy about alcohol? I know he's a mad bomber, which is the reason I always play with him in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, where I just love it when he says 'Waluigi time!'. And then when he throws a bomb, I always shout "KABUUUMM!" before it explodes. Damn I love Waluigi. He's way better than Wario.

Well, I came up with the name Wario's Moonshine Mansion (derived from Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion) before conceiving the game itself. I was thinking, however, that he could use molotov cocktails for bombs. If anyone from Nintendo is reading, feel free to send a development team and wads of cash to my house.

:waluigi:

NES Metroid Ridley would be about the right size, no? I'll miss the G&W level, but not the character, and hoh yuss, a proper move set for Luigi. A strike for all those who be tall and thin. Still no Toad? I mean, he's no-one's favourite but still, over 20 years of service and he's still just Peach's Mush-Man shield...